Chapter 77

After encountering a BLU member with assistance from a pair of lovebirds, Medic and I headed for a nearby marketplace located in a downtown area. He wanted to explore around (city name), so I thought it would be nice to start it off over there. Browsing around stores one by one, the support mercenary was amazed to see various handcrafted souvenirs and scrumptious local delicacies. Taking a turn around a corner, Medic discovered a modern kiosk which he had never seen before.

     "Ooh! Vhat's zhat over zhere?" The German pointed at a certain direction. "The one vith the curtains?"

     "That's a photo booth." I answered. "People take fun pictures in there."

     "Pictures, jou zay?" He became delighted. "Let's do it!"

     We immediately entered the thick, red curtains before sitting down on a bench. In front of us was a digital camera with a colorful touchscreen. Popping in a couple coins, Medic and I got ready for the first picture. Within seconds, the camera flashed before displaying a preview of our shot.

     "Hmm...Very neat." The support teammate smiled. "Time to make a funny one!"

     Nodding in agreement, I stuck out my tongue and held up two fingers behind his head, forming a pair of "bunny ears" as the German did the same in return. Another flash from the camera, and the result turned out great.

     "Hehe. Vell zhat's adorable!" He smiled. "Now I vanna try somezhing!"

     "What is it, Josef?"

     "Let me kiss jou!"

     Blushing at that suggestion, I turned my head a little to face him. Medic snaked his arms around my waist, pulling my form towards his before tilting my chin up. However, as both of our lips were inching closer...

     "Tweet tweet!"

     "Coo coo!"

     Both the support mercenary and I got interrupted as our dove and cockatiel flew out from their carrier. They eventually landed on our heads and flapped their wings, scattering feathers in the air as a result.

     "Maxie!"

     "Archimedes! No—"

     FLASH!

     The camera produced a picture that was meant to be a kissing one, but right at an extremely amusing moment. Having a better look at it, we noticed our pet birds giving each other a peck on their beaks; while on the other hand, both of us were in such a befuddled state with fluffy feathers sticking to our clothes and hair.

     "Oh my!" I giggled while gently dusting off feathers. "Gotta admit, this is absolutely hilarious!"

     "Mein Gott! Archimedes!" Medic scolded his dove. "Zhat vas supposed to be our kissing photo! Do jou vant papa to ground jou for ruining it?!"

     "Aw come on!" I emitted a hearty laugh. "Seriously? Grounding a bird over a photo? Lighten up, Josef. Both Archimedes and Maxie helped us deal with your BLU enemy a while ago. At least they deserve to have fun."

     "Vell um..." The German calmed down, emitting a soft sigh. "Jour right about zhat. Zhey were a big help after all."

     For the final snapshot, Medic and I leaned in until our pairs of lips finally met. And this time, our pets remained calmly on our heads. Seconds later, the camera flashed one more time, capturing our blissful moment.

     "Aww, very lovely! Can't vait to show zhis to my team!"

     He smiled as the booth printed out a couple of our picture perfect souvenirs. Checking them one by one, we couldn't help but to comment how funny but sweet we looked in those photos, especially that third shot involving the lovebirds. By the time we exited the curtained kiosk, each of us kept a copy and resumed exploring around the plaza, eventually deciding to visit some stores.