Chapter 86

I'm back from my break, everyone! Sorry to keep you guys waiting, but I took some time off from writing. Enjoy the new chapter! Stay tuned for more!

~~~Timeskip by Black Rose Spy~~~

     "Are you ready, Laurent?"

     "Not yet, chérie."

     "Haven't decided?"

     "Non."

     Fifteen minutes left on the clock, and I already got dressed in a different outfit. With my dress and heels neatly packed in a luggage, I chose to slip on a pair of black pants, a (F/C) cropped hoodie, and lace up boots. As soon as I exited the bathroom, I found Spy sitting in a wing chair, rubbing his chin while taking time looking through a disguise kit.

     "Amour, which do you zhink?" He asked. "Should I disguise myself as Heavy or Medic?"

     "Hmm..." I pondered for a bit. "I don't think that's a good idea..."

     "Vhy is zhat?"

     "Remember that day back at the mall?" I reminded him. "When I told you and your team about cosplayers?"

     "Oh...right. Forgot about zhat..." The Frenchman was going to place down his kit until an idea came to mind. "Vait a second, I got a better idea."

     "What is it?"

     Instead of answering, Spy searched through his collections until he picked up an unusual mask. Unlike his other disguises, that one had a face that didn't resemble any of the mercenaries. Now wearing it on his face, the support teammate disappeared in a puff of smoke, only to emerge out as a certain Welsh singer.

     "What's new Pussycat?" The disguised man grinned as he snapped his fingers into a pointing position.

     "Oh my..." I just stood there in disbelief. "Don't tell me you're disguising yourself as Tom Jones!"

     "Vell, it's the only idea I can come up vith." He explained while putting on a hooded jacket. "Besides, I zhink it's better to pretend to be zome celebrity rather zhen a dangerously armed mercenary."

     "Good point." I nodded. "Do you have that because of Scout?"

     "Oui. He's a huge fan of zhat singer..." He looked down. "I vas zhinking I could bond vith him better in zhis disguise."

     "And admit everything to him?"

     "I uhh..." Spy paused for a moment. "I don't zhink I can do zhat..."

     "Why not?"

     "Jeremy and I never got along. Plus, he vouldn't believe me." He shook his head at that thought. "Zhere's no vay I can convince zhat ignorant brat."

     "I'm pretty sure you can, Laurent. Some day, he'll understand." I rested my hand on his shoulder, assuring him. "Alright, ready to head out?"

     "Vhenever you are."

~~~Timeskip by Fan O'War Scout~~~

     Holding onto our belongings, the disguised mercenary and I quickly got off an elevator, heading over to the main hall where crowded passengers would disembark. Arriving there, we noticed a group of police questioning those around.

     "Hello sir, were you there when it happened?" One asked a civilian who nodded in response. "Can you please describe that incident?"

     "Well, two guys got into a fistfight." A young man in his twenties spoke. "Their brawl caused everyone else to freak out and leave the dance floor right away."