Chapter 21

My face started to turn pale, realizing what was going on the entire time. Was this all of Cameron's doing? Was he really stalking me? If that was the case, he might have a terrible plan in mind, which I didn't want to know. As for the mercenaries, they were deeply troubled since I almost got stabbed by a throwing knife; but on top of that, they wondered about that unknown person who sent such a frightening message.

     "Could it be?" Engie thought for a moment as he read the note. "Could it be that the attacker was some assistant hired by (Y/N)'s former boyfriend?"

     "I don't vant to say zhis," Spy had a serious tone in his voice, "but I'm afraid zhat's a possibility."

     Still affected from the incident, I slowly opened the front door and entered with the others trailing behind. Just as we got into the living room, I plopped myself down on the couch when the Aussie gently sat next to my side. The German took a seat on the opposite and pulled my body into a loving embrace.

     "Meine liebe, are you okay?" The doctor asked.

     Feeling terrified, I shook my head as Medic gave me a sad look. He then removed his red gloves and gently combed through my (H/C) hair with his fingers, just to comfort me. At the same time, Sniper held one of my hands in his gloved one. 

     "Don't worry, lil' roo. I'm certain that we'll foind a way outta this." The Aussie assassin assured me as his gray blue orbs stared into mine.

     As I nodded and cuddled between Medic and Sniper, the rest of the team gathered at the dining table to arrange a meeting, just as they used to do back at their base in Teufort. Engie already had a drawing board set up, with words written in white chalk on the top side, stating: "How to Defend our Princess from that Dummy Cameron". While the other mercenaries sat down in their chairs, Spy took a seat at the very end of the table.

     "Gentlemen," the Frenchman cleared his throat, "as ve have already figured, zhat imbecile is developing such a sick obsession of (Y/N). Because of zhat, I'm thinking that ve should take extreme cautions to ensure her safety."

     As the men nodded and agreed with Spy, one of them raised his hand to ask an important question.

     "I've been thinking about this for quite a while." Soldier stood up from his chair as he spoke. "Since Cupcake almost got attacked in front of her home, it means that brainless maggot already knows where she lives. So should we have sentries set up around her house?"

     "That may be a good idea, pardner." Engie moved up his goggles. "But--"

     "But what?"

     "You are forgettin' that we're in (Y/N)'s world, not ours. In other words," the Texan gulped, "we don't have any supplies to build sentries!"

     The rest of the team went silent, as they had realized that they couldn't do much without any available supply crates. That was when they started expressing their concerns to Engie and Spy.

     "But what about our weapons?!" Scout raised his hand. "What if we run out of ammo and need to reload them?!" 

     "Easy, boy." The green-eyed mercenary assured. "Ah was thinkin' of usin' my remote to travel back to our world. From there, we can gather everythin' we need and carry on with our plan."

     Engie went to his red toolbox to take out his remote. However, just as he pressed one of the buttons, nothing seemed to happen. He tried redoing it a few times over, but still no luck.

     "Dagnnabit damnit damnit!" The Texan got irritated as he couldn't get his device to activate.

     "Engie?" Spy looked at him with a worried look. "Please don't tell me it isn't working!"

     "Hate to say this, pardner." The emerald-orbed man paused for a while. "But--"

     "PANIC MODE, EVERYONE!" The Bostonian screamed.

     The rest of the team freaked out as if someone had stolen their intelligence. Soldier was bellowing while banging his helmet with a shovel. Pyro was letting out a muffled scream and hugging his Balloonicorn plush tightly. Heavy was yelling God knows what in Russian. Scout was crying like he would never see his family in Boston again. Demoman was cursing while charging around the living room. The only mercenaries who didn't panic were Engie, Spy, and Medic, as they were doing their best to calm down their team, and Sniper, who was hugging me from behind as I watched this chaos unfold before me.

     "Dummkopfs!" The German shouted loud enough for the rest of the teammates to hear. "Jou're not even helping here! Instead, jou vasted all your time screaming and running around!"

     "Doc's right, everyone!" The Texan concurred with the doctor. "We still have yet to come up with some idea to protect honeybee from that dummy! Or at least some alternative since my invention wouldn't work!"

     The mercenaries quickly apologized for their childish acts earlier. As they returned to their seats, the Frenchman gave me a concerned look before turning to the Aussie.

     "Zay bushman, please do me a favor and take our dear, (Y/N), to her room?" Spy asked. "I think she needs a rest from zhis."

     "Will do, spook." Sniper then turned to me. "Come on, sheila. I'll take ya to your room."

     "Alright then--Wha?!"

     Before I could finish my sentence, the Aussie picked me up bridal style and carried me upstairs. While he was at it, my cheeks developed a soft shade of pink. Noticing this, Sniper let out a soft laugh and nuzzled my cheek.

     "So cute, lil' roo."

     Just as we both entered the room, the Aussie assassin gently laid my body on top of the bed. However, instead of heading back out of the door to join the others, he climbed onto the bed and hovered over my form. Surprised by this, I became such a blushing mess at this close contact as his face was now a couple inches above mine. Even I felt my face turning hotter as the gray blue-eyed mercenary caressed my cheek and gently rubbed my thigh.

     "S-Sniper? What are you--"

     My question was cut off as the Aussie smashed his lips into mine, causing my cheeks to turn bright red like a strawberry. I couldn't think straight as his kiss was very rough, and his hand was traveling up and down on my leg. But within a few seconds, I slowly melted into the kiss and relaxed on the bed to enjoy this moment. Smiling in the kiss, Sniper gently snaked his arms around my back, pressing his rugged body against mine. At this point, I felt something different until I realized that the Aussie was unzipping my dress, only to slip off its red straps and trail butterfly kisses down my neck, causing me to let out a squeal. Hearing this, the assassin chuckled and resumed kissing me down from my neck to the middle of my chest until someone called from downstairs.

     "WHAT'S TAKING YOU SO LONG, BILBO BAGGINS?!!"

     It was Soldier, and it seemed that the rest of the mercenaries were waiting for the Aussie. Letting out a low groan, Sniper then gave me a loving look before planting a kiss on my forehead.

     "You take a rest now, lil' roo."

     He kissed me one more time before exiting my bedroom, heading downstairs to join his team's meeting. Still blushing from the kiss, I relaxed more in my bed, thinking about the intimate moment I just shared with the Aussie before drifting off to sleep.