Chapter 47

~~~The next morning~~~

A new day started as the sun rose up from the horizon, letting out golden rays of light that gently wove through the blinds. Feeling the warmth on my face, I slowly woke up to view a beautiful morning sky from a curtained windowpane. Hearing nothing but snores in my room, I turned my head around to find all the mercenaries still asleep. Even Spy still had his arm wrapped around my waist. When I looked over at Heavy napping under his comfy quilts, I instantly recalled what happened that previous night when he comforted me with a Russian lullaby. So sweet of him. As I lied down again to snuggle on the Frenchman's chest, my phone buzzed. I carefully climbed out of bed so as not to wake up the mercenaries and picked up the device to find a text message displayed on its screen:

"Good morning, dear. When you're awake, please come downstairs. I need to question you about something before I leave today."

It was from my father, and I just remembered that he was going to be away again for another week. What did he want to ask? Was I in trouble? Before anything, I planted soft cheek kisses on each mercenaries' faces, smiling at them as I exited my bedroom and then headed downstairs. When I arrived at the living room, I found my father standing in front of the birdcage.

"Oh there you are, (Y/N). I'm just very curious." He turned around while softly petting a certain fluffy critter perched on his hand. "Since when did we get this little fellow? I didn't notice it until this morning."

My (E/C) eyes gazed upon the German doctor's pet, who cooed quietly and enjoyed being petted by my father. Oh what a relief, for I wasn't really in trouble. He actually just wanted to ask me about Archimedes.

"Oh? That's my friend's pet, Dad!" I answered while coming up with a lie to cover up the mercenaries' presence in our home. "He....uhh came here the other day and asked me a favor to take care of his bird before going away on a trip!"

"He, you say?" My father raised an eyebrow. "Was it either of your two friends you mentioned to me before? Dell and Laurent, I mean."

"Umm no." I shook my head. "It's a different guy, Dad."

"Really? Another guy?" His eyes gave a surprised expression as he resumed petting the dove. "What is his name, by the way? How many boyfriends do you have, (Y/N)?"

"Dad! They're not my boyfriends!" I facepalmed. "And my friend's name is Ludwig."

"Ludwig, huh?" He took another look at a snowy white avian on his hand. "And what about this fellow?"

"His name is Archimedes."

"Archimedes? As in that Greek mathematician?" He asked in which I nodded in response. "What an unusual name for a bird..."

My father opened the cage for the doctor's pet to fly back in. Closing it, he noticed how the dove cooed and snuggled happily with one of my cockatiels. This sight made him let out a chuckle.

"He seems to like Maxie a lot." He commented while observing the two. "So I'm assuming he's like her boyfriend now?"

"Aww Dad..." I giggled at his silly question. "And yeah, it was like love at first sight. They couldn't help but to give each other birdie cuddles and kisses."

Taking one last look at the lovebirds, my father nodded before gathering his luggage as other belongings. I almost forgot that he had to be away from home again for tiring days of work. Another week of missing him. He might have been a strict parent; but however, he had a loving and caring side. Before he left the house, he gave me a hug and kiss on my forehead.