Chapter 33

"Um..."

     I just stood there, staring at the door my father pointed out. An hour or two ago, Pyro slammed it down when he walked in on Spy "cuddling" in bed with me. Before the mercenaries and I punished the Frenchman with an embarrassing YouTube video, Engie already got the door and its hinges back in place using his tools; but however, only a black shoeprint by the fire-loving mercenary was left on that door's white wooden surface, now marred with splinters. Darn it, Pyro. How could a cute mercenary like him be that strong to break down a door?

     "Well, i-it was because..." I pondered for a bit. "B-Because I got scared by a mouse!"

     "A mouse?" My father raised an eyebrow at my silly excuse. "What does a rodent have something to do with that? Plus, we never had that kind of problem in our house."

     "I'm serious, Dad! There was a small one that scurried around! So I threw one of my shoes to scare it off, only that it hit the door and marked it instead!"

     "Oh...Alright then. Guess we'll have to contact the pest control if that happens again..."

     My father scratched the back of his head, frowning while looking back at the door where Pyro's ashen shoeprint remained. But then, another problem rose up when his eyes noticed something else off in the guest room.

     "And what about the bedsheets?" He pointed to the crumpled quilted fabrics strewn along the sides of the bed. "I remember they weren't like that before I left a week ago."

     Seeing the messy bed instantly gave me flashbacks of my alone time with Laurent. That thought of it made me develop a tinge of pink on my cheeks. But to my surprise, I noticed something partially covered underneath the sheets. Recognizing its deep red color, I realized that it was Spy's silk tie! How did the French mercenary forget it? Thank goodness my father didn't see that luxurious bit of fabric poking out! I didn't want him to figure out that someone, or some group, was present in home without his knowledge. I had to get that tie back to Laurent!

     "Well I was...looking for one of my Switch games!"

     "Your Switch game? Why would it be there?"

     "Because the other day, the WiFi in my room temporarily became slow when I wanted to play online with my friends. Because of that, I entered the guest room for a better internet signal. But this morning, I realized I had forgotten one of my games. So I searched through the bed for it. Sorry for leaving it as a mess..." I lied, sweating a little.

     "Hmm...that's strange, (Y/N). Considering that your internet's usually fine in your room. But oh well...Guess that's fine." My father seemed very skeptical at first; but luckily for me, he accepted my explanation. "I'm going ahead to do the bed."

     "No Dad, let me take care of it." I interrupted, knowing that he might discover that certain article of clothing. "I was the one who messed it up, so I'll handle the bedsheets."

     "Alright. That's fine, (Y/N)." He heavily sighed. "I'll just handle that door later. But next time, let me know if something happened here. Understand?"

     I nodded in response as my father headed back downstairs. As soon as he was gone, I breathed a sigh of relief. Going inside the guest room, I immediately locked it and went on to fix all the bed sheets and comforter. During the process, I picked up Spy's garnet tie that was carelessly left behind. Just as I was going to stuff it into my pocket, a sudden hand gently gripped my wrist.

     "Huh?!" I jumped.

     "Shhh...it's alright, (Y/N). It's just me."

     "Laurent?"

     The Frenchman uncloaked himself, wrapping an arm around me from behind, and still holding my hand with the other. While looking over my shoulder, I suddenly turned red, noticing that he was in his pinstripe suit pants and an unbuttoned dress shirt, revealing a bit of his chest. But that was not all. He wasn't even wearing his matching vest, jacket, and balaclava too.

     "Since when did you get in here?" I slowly turned around in his arm to face him, still blushing from the way he was dressed.

     "Since you entered the room, ma chérie." He pressed his lips onto my hand. "I vas vatching you the whole time vhen you vere talking vith your father. He seems to be a strict type."

     "He actually is." I nodded. "He usually gets upset whenever he sees something he doesn't like."

     "I could tell." Laurent's lips curved into a frown. "I'm sorry you had to deal vith your father like zhat."

     "No need to apologize, Laurent." I assured him with a smile, cupping his cheek. "It's all good as long as he doesn't find out about you and the others."

     "Alright, mon amour."

     The Frenchman smiled back as he kept me in his warm embrace, rubbing my back in small circles. I gently rested my head on his chest, inhaling that same woody scent that stayed on his shirt. While hugging me still, he looked down to see my (E/C) eyes.

     "(Y/N)," Laurent slowly tilted my chin up with his fingers, "vould you like to dance vith me?"

     "Dance?"

     I observed the French mercenary walking over to a lamp table adjacent to the bed. What he pulled out was a small, red vintage radio with a handle and retractable antenna. I never saw anything like that, for it was a 1960's styled one. Probably he brought it when he and his teammates first came here. Before anything else, he turned to see me.

     "(Y/N), can you wear zhat red dress again?"

     "You mean the one you gave me?" I asked.

     "Oui, ma chérie."

     "Alright, but I have to get it from..."

     He suddenly interrupted me by pointing to the guest room closet. Following his direction, I took a look inside, and there it was, neatly prepared on the hanger. Oh that sneaky Spy.

     "Laurent, you..."

     The sly man chuckled as he picked me up, nuzzling my forehead. I couldn't help but to feel my face turn crimson like a rose in the garden. Noticing this, he gently placed me down and stroked my soft, (H/C) hair.

     "Now get dressed, mon amour."

~~~Timeskip by W + M1 Pyro~~~

     After slipping into a red, delicate fabric and fixing my hair, I finally exited from a closet, finding the Frenchman already waiting for me. Laurent already got his silk tie back, but he chose not to wear it this time. Instead, the French mercenary decided to keep his white dress shirt unbuttoned halfway. As he was going to turn on his old-fashioned radio, Laurent heard my footsteps and looked over his shoulder, gazing at me in a scarlet dress that made him truly enamored of me.

     "Ah, ma petite (Y/N)..." He pressed a button on his device which now played a beautiful romantic song. "Come to me, ma précieuse reine."

     Blushing at that new nickname, I slowly moved forward until I was right in front of him. Smiling dearly, Laurent slightly bowed, taking my hand in his gloved one. As he planted a kiss on it, he looked into my eyes.

     "Shall ve?..."