Chapter 17

(Your P.O.V.)

     Opening my eyes to the ceiling, I turned myself around to only realize that the mercenaries were no longer in my room. I immediately climbed out of bed and checked my phone. The time on the device showed that it was quarter to eight.

     "Hmm..." I thought for a while. "I wonder where the RED team is."

     Exiting my bedroom, I headed downstairs to search for them in the kitchen, only to find that area quiet and empty. I checked the living room. Same thing. My (E/C) eyes wandered around, hoping to find any clues. That was when a dove flew over and landed on my head, cooing softly.

     "Oh good morning, Archimedes!" I giggled as I lifted him off my hair and stroked his feathers. "Do you know where the mercenaries are?"

     Staring at me with his beady orbs, Medic's pet tilted his head and flew from my hands. Feeling curious, I followed the bird as he led me into the open doorway of my father's home office. Just as I got there, I discovered a small note lying on a corner of the desk before picking it up to read it.

     "Dear (Y/N), please go into your bedroom. We have a present waiting for you, honeybee." 

     That nickname. Perhaps Engie wrote that, but then I wondered what was in my room. On top of that, what were the mercenaries up to? At this point, Archimedes cooed and immediately flew across the room, leading me out to the staircase. Catching up to him, I arrived in my room before the dove landed next to something on my bed. Neatly placed on my comforter was a ruby red sundress accompanied with a fresh bouquet of roses. I was surprised, for those gifts weren't there when I left my bedroom a while ago. Picking up the floral arrangement and smelling its sweet fragrance, I noticed another written piece of paper inserted in it.

    "Mon amour, we are preparing something at this moment. In the meantime, please wear this lovely dress I got for you. In case you're wondering, I figured out your size by checking your wardrobe."

     That sneaky Spy. Giggling to myself, I placed down the flowers and removed my tank top and shorts before picking up the scarlet garment. Studying its intricate embroidered design, I carefully unzipped the back and slipped into the delicate fabric. Once my new dress was entirely on, I gazed at my reflection in the mirror. I rarely had anything red in my wardrobe; but to my amazement, I never knew that I would look gorgeous in that shade of color. Well, it was all thanks to Spy since he had an elegant taste in fashion. During the next thirty minutes, I curled my hair and put on makeup before slipping on a pair of flats. Looking at my newly finished makeover in the mirror, Medic's pet flew to my shoulder and let out a soft cooing sound.

     "So," I smiled at the bird, "what do you think, Archimedes?"

     As a response, the dove happily cooed and gently pecked my red lips, earning a giggle from me. Just as I was about to say something, Archimedes immediately flew out of my doorway.

     "Hey!" I called after the bird as I exited the room. "Wait for me, little fellow!"

     Just as I finally got downstairs, I scanned around the living room until I found Archimedes on the sofa; but this time, he had a folded paper in his beak. As I sat on the furniture, the bird hopped onto my lap before dropping a note on my hand. I slowly unfolded the paper and read it.

     "To my sweet cupcake, I want you to wait at home for a bit. It won't take long, for I already sent someone to fetch you. Don't want my little eagle to be soaring out alone."  

     Aww Soldier. A pink blush appeared on my cheeks as I placed the note aside and patiently waited with Archimedes on my lap. About fifteen minutes later, a doorbell was heard. As the dove took flight to join my pet cockatiels, I immediately stood up and went to open the door, only to be greeted by a certain cheery individual.

     "Mrph Mrph Mrrrph!" The fire-loving mercenary happily pulled me into a hug.

     "Oh good morning, Pyro!" I cuddled in his embrace before we pulled away so that I could lock the front door. "Where are the others?"

     The masked man held out his gloved hand in front of me. I gladly took it before he escorted me down the porch steps and along the sidewalk. While passing by some houses hand in hand, I noticed how Pyro sneaked a few glances at my appearance, as if he wanted to say something. Just as we reached the corner of the neighborhood, he paused to turn to me.

     "Mrrph..." A low, muffled sound was heard from him. "Mrph Mrph Mrrrph."

     "What did you say, Pyro? I wish I can understand you with your mask on."

     In just a matter of seconds, the mercenary took it off, revealing his green eyes. Even though his cute face was partially covered by his red hair, I noticed that his freckled cheeks were now pink like cotton candy. Pyro then took both of my hands and held them in his gloved ones before he started speaking.

     "What I said was that," he was silent for a while before he continued, "you look very dazzling." 

     His compliment left me in a blushing mess. As I tried to hide my face beneath my (H/C) hair, Pyro chuckled and gently swept the strands away from my face before pulling me closer, wrapping his arms around my waist.

     "Please don't be shy, (Y/N)." He gently rested his forehead on mine, causing my cheeks to flush even more at that sudden contact. "I truly mean it. You're the most beautiful girl I've ever seen, my little firefly."

     Before I could say anything, a pair of warm lips crashed into mine. My cheeks developed a darker shade of rouge that it felt like I was gonna faint at any second; but during this moment, I slowly returned the kiss as one of Pyro's hands moved up to the side of my face, caressing me. The kiss lasted for about half a minute before we gently parted our lips for air.

     "I don't know what say," I looked up at him with my (E/C) eyes as he still held me, "but thank you Py--" 

     "Aiden." 

     "Huh?"

     "Aiden." He repeated again. "That's my real name." 

     "I see." I gave him a soft smile. "I think that is a very cute name."

     "T-Thank you, (Y/N)."

     His face was now in a deeper shade of pink that matched the color of his Balloonicorn plush. Giggling, I held out my hand which Aiden happily accepted before we continued heading to our destination.

(Third Person P.O.V.)

     "Vhere are zhey?" The German doctor wondered as he was setting some desserts on the table covered in a red gingham cloth. "Vhat's taking zhem so long?"

     "Heavy has no idea." The Russian was adding some finishing touches to his sandviches.

     "Say pardner," Engie asked his American friend, "did ya tell Pyro to bring (Y/N) here at nine sharp?"

     "That's exactly what I told him." Soldier answered before turning to another mercenary. "Spy, what time is it right now?"

     "It's nine twenty." The Frenchman checked his gold watch before he noticed a certain couple appearing several feet away. "Gentlemen! Pyro and (Y/N) are almost here!"

(Your P.O.V.)

     Within minutes after our kissing moment, Aiden led me into a park located blocks away from my house. I looked around until I spotted a picnic table at a distance where the rest of the men were waiting. As we finally arrived, I greeted the rest of the team.

     "Good morning, everyone." I gave them a heartwarming smile.

     Instead of hearing them greet back, all I received were nothing but stares. The mercenaries had their eyes fixed on me as they took their time in looking at my new appearance in a red dress. After a while, a couple of words came out from a suit-cladded man.

     "Mon Dieu..."