Chapter 81

Artwork by vincenzo-txt! (F/S) = favorite scent.

Under the pale moonlight, Sniper and (Y/N) remained lying down on a grassy patch where they had their intimate moment a while ago. Resting on his back, the shirtless Aussie cuddled her protectively, stroking her (H/C) hair as she slept on his bare chest. In addition to that, he already wrapped up the girl's naked torso in his gray jacket, providing warmth during a chilly night. Wondering how long it had been, he lifted a wrist to check the time on his watch.

"Eleven fifteen...Bloody hell..." He thought to himself. "Lil' roo and Oi were out here too long. Gotta bring her home..."

Without causing disturbance, the assassin carefully got up to button his shirt, and dressed his sleeping beauty before carrying bridal style, letting her nap while hiking through the dark woods. During this, he checked every part of his surroundings, assuring their safety from any dangerous wildlife. Fifteen minutes later, he finally arrived back at the campsite, gently laying (Y/N) in her passenger seat before packing up their belongings. By the time everything was placed in a trunk, the Aussie got greeted by a familiar sound.

"Hoot hoot?"

Turning around, Sniper recognized that same avian from earlier, an owl perching on a nearby branch. Smiling, he walked towards it and gingerly stroked its feathered back.

"Oh? Still here, fella?" He resumed petting the bird's plumage. "Watchin' the place while lil' roo and Oi were gone?"

As a response, that nocturnal critter hooted softly, eventually flying over and landing onto the man's shoulders. Amazed, Sniper couldn't help but to stare at this owl, which then lightly brushed its plumicorns against his cheek. That was when he began deciding on whether to keep this adorable creature or not.

"Hmm, Oi'm pretty sure moi team wouldn't mind...'specially that rocket-hoppin' simpleton who brought in a raccoon..." He pondered for a bit before looking at that avian. "Know what? Oi decided to keep ya. How does that sound?"

"Hoot hoot!" The owl replied back, seemingly excited as it cuddled next to the Aussie's head.

"Thought so..."

Letting out a small chuckle, Sniper opened the back door just to let his newly found feathered companion enter the vehicle. Before anything, he rearranged a couple blankets on a seat so that the owl could comfortably rest during a night drive. Once ready, the assassin finally hopped into the vehicle, turning on the ignition to head back home.

~~~Timeskip by Diamondback Spy~~~

A couple hours passed, and their car managed to arrive home after having to deal with heavy traffic on the way. Once parked in a garage, Sniper got off to bring his owl to the backyard, selecting a tree suitable enough to be its new home. Spreading wings, that nocturnal avian flew to a branch, perching there to sleep for the remainder of the night. Now that it was taken care of, the assassin returned to the garage to carry (Y/N) inside.

Entering through a doorway, he crept into a living room, keeping the girl secured in his arms. Doing his best not to make a sound, Sniper attempted to make way for the staircase; but however, his stealth plan went wrong when he accidentally bumped into a certain individual, one known to be a fanatic of sharp suits and knives. At this time, he appeared to be unmasked and cladded only in a tank top and boxers.

"Spoi?" He almost got startled by his teammate's presence. "What are ya doin' down here at this hour?"

"Vaiting for you and our lady." The Frenchman replied quietly before looking down at (Y/N), combing his fingers through her (H/C) hair as she slept. "You both got home very late. It's already quarter to two."