Chapter 42

"Alright, everyone! Rules are pretty straightforward!"

All of the men and I gathered around at an area where their surfing competition would kick off. Medic and his opponent were already lined up in front of the sparkling ocean, standing at least nine feet apart. In addition to that, each of them was carrying a board of his respective team color.

"Basically, their goal is to ride the waves for as long as they could." The blue-clothed Texan explained. "They can perform tricks if wanted; but however, they should keep in mind not to fall off their boards. If one of them does, it's game over for him. Oh and also, no weapons or fightin' allowed!"

Medic looked over to face his doppelgänger, who also did the same in return. Both of them walked towards each other as if they were going to throw in a fistfight; but instead, the Germans shook hands to show that they would abide by the Texan's rules.

"I vish jou luck, but I'll be sure to beat jou in zhis competition!" Medic assured with determination in his eyes. "(Y/N) is mine, and jou vill never take her avay!"

"Ve'll see about zhat!" His rival took a few steps back after shaking hands. "But I must remind jou about our deal. Your Freundin vill be mine if jou fail."

"Of course, but jou don't know the tricks I have up my sleeve." The doctor added. "Just a fair warning."

"Alright! Get ready ya two!" A loud, southern voice was heard several feet away.

Now alert and focused, both Germans returned to their positions, keeping their distance apart. With his sky blue orbs on the oceanic waves, Medic took a deep breath, feeling the cool breeze flow through his jet black hair. Before anything, he turned around to see us cheering for him.

"You can do it, Pigeon Daddy!" Heavy shouted.

"Come on, Doc!" Scout waved his arms in the air. "Show 'em that you're better than that Deutsch-bag!"

(Third Person P.O.V.)

Looking at a loud crowd of his supportive teammates, Medic finally saw (Y/N) as she waved at him. Smiling, the doctor blew her a kiss which earned a sudden blush on the girl's face.

"I vill do anyzhing for jou, meine kleine Taube." He thought as he readied himself, holding a red board on his side.

"Ready...Get set.......GO!"

Both of the energetic Germans swiftly dashed forward, entering the pristine, splashing waters before hopping onto their boards, stomach down. All of the mercenaries and (Y/N)'s shouts grew distant as they swam away, paddling with their strong arms to reach an area where they could display their performance.

"Alright. I can do zhis." The doctor focused. "Just don't fail the team...Don't fail my love."

At this point, both the doctor and his opponent were over fifty feet away from shore, entering a series of rough waves rolling down. Getting on both feet, Medic balanced himself on the board, preparing for his first maneuver. Dropping in, he executed a bottom turn, channeling speed and momentum as he headed towards the open face of a wave. Far away, he could hear faint cheers from (Y/N) and the RED mercenaries who were impressed by his surfing technique.

~~~Meanwhile, at the shore~~~

(Your P.O.V.)

"Whoa! Look at him go!" Scout was amazed to witness the doctor taking on the first wave like a boss.

"Leetle Doktor is full of surprises!" The Russian grinned while watching his close friend. "Heavy is proud of Pigeon Daddy!"

"Unbelievable..." I just stood there in awe. "Ludwig looks so cool!"