Chapter 41

"HEY! NO FIGHTING IN THE WATER!"

All of the men were just a moment away from initiating a war at sea. They immediately ceased their actions and looked in the direction where that voice came from. Even the French individual and I turned around, curious to see who it was. A male lifeguard happened to be present and on duty while lifting a megaphone again to the level of his mouth.

"AND WEAPONS OF ANY SORT ARE ALSO PROHIBITED HERE! THIS IS A BEACH! NOT A BATTLEFIELD! PLEASE PUT THEM AWAY OR I'LL HAVE TO ASK YOU TO LEAVE!"

All of the men shouted their apologies and started heading back towards the shore. While they were at it, I took it as an opportunity to kick that certain Frenchman right in the balls, who finally released me from his grip before I swam away quickly.

"Ugh! Mon Dieu!" The blue-cladded individual yelped in pain. "Mon amour! Come back!"

"I'm not yours, you ugly bastard!"

"Ugly?!" His cerulean eyes widened in defeat. "I'm handsome!"

"Yeah right! A handsome rogue with an ugly personality!"

I yelled back as I paddled through the oceanic water, heading back to where the RED mercenaries were. As I was about to reach the shore, one of the men saw me and ran to my location.

"Liebe!" Medic treaded through the pristine blue waters until he pulled me into his embrace. "Are jou alright?!"

"I'm alright, Ludwig..." I panted a little as I was exhausted from swimming.

"Are jou hurt?! Did zhat dummkopf do anyzhing to jou?!"

I shook my head as a response. Sighing in relief, the German rested his head on my shoulder with his arms still wrapped around my waist. Seeing his face, I could tell that Medic's blood was boiling, for he and the others were still upset about that incident.

"Zhat schweinhund..." The doctor frowned as he stroked my wet hair. "How dare he touched my little dove...Oh I vill be sure to saw off his head and put it on display!"

In just a few seconds, the German didn't hesitate to lift me up from the water, carrying me bridal style. A tinge of rouge appeared on my cheeks as I had my arms around his neck, and Medic planted a small smooch on my forehead. Just as we finally arrived at the shore, a couple of our RED teammates appeared to us before Medic gently let me down.

"Darlin'!" Engie hugged me tightly. "We were so worried about ya!"

"I'm fine, Dell." I relaxed in his embrace.

"Moi lil' roo..." Sniper expressed sadness in his voice while softly stroking my (H/C) hair. "We thought those blokes will take you away..."

"I honestly thought the same thing..." I was released from Engie's arms to give the Aussie a hug. "If it weren't for that lifeguard, things would've gotten worse."

The men nodded and led me back to our picnic spot, guarding me to assure my safety. However, before we could join the others, a small group of individuals unexpectedly stopped us in our tracks.

"Jou know zhat ve are not gonna let jou guys go zhat easily, right?"

That voice came from a black-haired man standing before us. By the accent and physical looks, I assumed that he might be the BLU equivalent of Medic. Indeed, the stranger stood at least six feet tall, similar to our German friend's height, and sported a pair of circular glasses framing his icy blue orbs. Aside from that, two other men were accompanying him. One was wearing blue-tinted sunglasses. The other, of course, turned out to be that same Texan from earlier.

"Vhy jou!" Medic motioned me to stay behind as he glowered at his doppelgänger. "Can't jou just give us a break?"

"We would loike to, but Oi'm afraid that we're not done with ya, wankers." An Australian accented friend of the doctor's rival stated. "Just because that loifeguard ordered us blokes to stop foightin' doesn't mean that ya get to relax."

"Piss off, you mongrels!" Sniper growled. "And what do ya want from us?"

"Well, our pardner here," the blue-cladded Texan patted on the German's shoulder, "wants to challenge your friend to a little surfin' competition."

"Surfing?" The RED teammates and I, minus Ludwig, said in unison.

"Zhat's right." The opposing glasses-wearing man nodded. "Mein friends actually planned zhis, just for him and myself. However, zhere's a big catch behind it."

"Big catch?" Medic raised an eyebrow. "Vhat do jou mean by zhat?"

"Vell, let mich tell jou zhis. If jou vin, ve vill leave your Freundin alone. If not, vell," the doppelgänger gave a devilish grin, "jou know vhat vill happen~"

That very last bit got the German doctor fuming. Of course, he wouldn't let anything happen to me. Even on days like this when we were supposed to paint the town red. Pondering for a bit, Medic eventually came to a final decision.

"Vell zhen. It's a deal." He shook his rival's hand.

"What?!" The rest of the mercenaries and I were shocked.

"Wunderbar!" The German stranger said with delight. "I vill get our boards ready! Be prepared in a few minutes!"

And just like that, the blue-cladded men left. I couldn't believe that Medic agreed to go surfing with him; but then, that got me thinking about something. Something that I had no idea about our doctor teammate.

"Ludwig?" I looked up at him. "Are you sure about this?"

"Ja, liebe." The German assured as he enveloped me in a protective embrace. "Been surfing since I vas younger."

"Whoa really?" My (E/C) eyes widened. "I had no idea about that!"

"Ja. Not everyone in my team knows zhat either. Only Heavy does. Besides," Ludwig gently lifted my chin up, "I don't vant zhose dummkopfs to take jou avay. I vill do anyzhing to protect jou, no matter how difficult it may seem. Jou are very precious, meine Prinzessin."

In a split second, the doctor's lips collided with mine as his grip on my waist grew tighter. Blushing crimson, I slowly relaxed into the kiss as my arms slithered around his neck. This beautiful moment under the glowing sun got all the RED mercenaries reacting with smiles on their faces. While on the other hand, the opposing blue group grew very envious. Well, what did you expect? After what seemed like forever, Ludwig and I broke the kiss for air, panting as our foreheads touched each other.

"(Y/N), ich liebe dich..." He sighed dreamily.

"I love you too, Ludwig..."

"Hey dummkopf!" The German doppelgänger's voice was heard feet away. "Let's get started! Our surfing boards are ready!"

Before anything, the doctor planted a kiss on my forehead. He knew that he had to do this...for me.

"Vish me luck, liebe..."

And with that being said, Ludwig immediately ran to the spot where his rival waited. I stood there, watching our RED teammate as he was going to take on a challenge. Frankly, I could hardly believe it. Imagine, a handsome German doctor riding the waves? A side I never knew about that support mercenary.