Chapter 90

Hello everyone! Hope you're doing well! Thank you so much for reading my book! Enjoy this new chapter!

     "Huh? Vhat vas zhat?!"

     Both Frenchmen looked up. Even the rest of the mercenaries did the same. In a distance, thick vapors of gray smoke were seen, polluting the sky and its crisp, clear air. As clouds of gray were forming up high, everyone tried to get a better look at the source of that explosion. Indeed, it was somewhere behind the abandoned structure.

     "What the frickin' hell just happened there?!" Scout freaked out.

     "I know right?!" His BLU counterpart had a similar reaction. "We gotta check that out!"

     "Hold it, ya two!" The Texan held up a hand to both Bostonians. "Don't be runnin' over there now! That place is dangerous!"

     "Ja! Engie is right!" Medic agreed. "Vhat if zhere's traps hidden around?!"

     "But we can't just fight here and—"

     BOOM!

     There it was again. Both teams turned around to witness more formations of gray clouds. Exchanging glances with each other, they all had weapons ready in hand, slowly approaching the grounds of that enormous estate surrounded by towering brick walls. From there, all men worked together in heaving both Scouts up those barriers. Thanks to them being the lightest classes, the Bostonians were able to climb over before landing down on that opposite side with caution and ease. They then hid behind nearby bushes and started their investigation. 

     From several feet away, they noticed a couple of uniformed individuals playing around with various handheld explosives. One of them appeared to be a broad-shouldered woman with silver gray hair partially damaged by a severe burn. The other was a man cladded in a tactical vest and protective headgear. At that point, both Bostonians remained silent and hidden, listening to the conversation exchanged between those two.

     "Say Greg....do you have any idea when Fred will fix these?" The woman questioned while holding up one of their grenades. "They're great and all, but they do take a little longer to detonate."

     "Well, he told me he had to upgrade those security cameras first." Her teammate explained while throwing out one as a test onto a spacious field, watching it explode around ten seconds later. "Top priority order by the boss."

     "Oh...that's right." She slowly nodded, still with the grenade in hand. "Now with her in our grasp, we can't let anyone near our prized possession, especially those men from Mann Co."

     "About that young lady, where's the boss keeping her again, Beatrice?"

     "Somewhere in the underground level. Only a few of us have access to it." The female arsonist answered as she picked up her flamethrower. "He imprisoned that poor thing there just in case those mercenaries show up. If they ever decide to do that, they wouldn't be able to locate her...."

     While both enemies resumed their discussion, the RED member recorded everything with his phone, including hints about (Y/N)'s location. As he was doing so, his BLU counterpart did a recap on their findings.

     "Alright, this is what we got so far..." He spoke quietly. "They mentioned somethin' about security cameras, and only few of them know that basement level where (Y/N) is."

     "Geez, frickin' underground? How exactly big is this place?" The RED teammate kept recording that conversation between the arsonist and demolitions expert. "Man, I just hope we'll find sweet cheeks and free her from that crazy son of a—"