Anger

A/N: Double update

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_

The whole team, besides you, was gathered in the living area going over what had happened. After Friday had raised an alert, they found you in a hallway unconscious. You were sent to the med-bay immediately. They also found the intruder, but he had taken a cyanide pill to avoid capture.

"Is the compound compromised?" Steve asked as he paced.

Tony was in a corner running diagnostics on his systems. "Too soon to tell, but Friday is clean. I'm running background checks on all the staff again. If anything seems off, I'll be alerted."

"Even if this was a one-time incident, it shows that (Y/N) isn't safe even in the compound," Natasha comments. "Abbott is going to go after him no matter what. He's a liability to Hydra."

"We should double security," Rhodey suggests. "No one goes in or out of our building without explicit access."

Wanda shook her head. "We can't leave him locked up forever."

"We don't have any leads on Abbott right now. I think this is our best shot."

Many wanted to argue, but Thor spoke up, changing the subject. "How is (Y/N) doing?"

"Dr. Cho said he was in stable condition. She doesn't know what exactly happened to him, but he seems to be in some sort of coma. There's no knowing when he'll wake up."

"This could have been avoided if you had kept a better watch on him," Loki muttered bitterly.

Bucky scowled at him. "And where were you then?"

There was a collective groan as the two started to argue.

"I was not in Midgard when it happened," Loki defended. "What is your excuse?"

"Don't you love to show off your healing powers?! Why don't you heal him now?!"

"Let me explain it to you in terms you'll understand," Loki told him, sounding condescending. "It does not work that way!"

The men started shouting at each other, ignoring their friends' attempts to calm them down. Loki managed to hit a nerve, causing Bucky to lunge at him. Steve and Sam grabbed him before he could do anything rash and forced him to sit back down. Thor also grabbed his brother before he could continue to escalate the situation.

"You're both acting like children," Wanda told them. "What do you think (Y/N) would say about it?"

"He would have probably placed a bet," Pietro suggested. "Or taken a video."

Wanda glared at him. "Not helping."

Friday suddenly spoke, grabbing everyone's attention. "Dr. Cho is requesting help in the med-bay immediately. Mr. (L/N) has woken up, and they are having trouble restraining him."

Loki and Bucky booked it over there before anyone even had the chance to get up. When they arrived, they found Dr. Cho and her staff in the hall outside the room.

"What happened?"

"Is (Y/N) alright?"

Dr. Cho calmed the two men down before she spoke. "When he woke up (Y/N) started to act erratically. He wouldn't respond to any of our attempts to calm him down. We had to lock him in the room for everyone's safety."

"How bad is it?" Loki asked.

As if on cue, there was a loud crashing sound. They turned to the see-through doors and saw you picking up equipment and throwing it around. You were tearing apart anything that got in your way.

"That bad."

"What happened to him?" Bucky asked the doctor. The last time he had seen you so riled up was in your old Hydra base. You had trashed the place, but that was nothing compared to the damage you were doing now.

"We assume it was caused by whatever he was injected with," she explained. "His abilities were triggered, making him far more dangerous."

They all jumped back from the door as you slammed your body into the door, making it shake. The glass was supposed to be strong enough to take bullets, but they didn't know how long it'd hold you back.

"Next time, wait for us?" Steve said, running up to them. The doctor got the rest of the team up to date.

"Can't you teleport in there brother?" Thor asked Loki.

Loki rolled his eyes. "And do what? I won't be able to restrain him without one of us getting hurt."

"We need a sedative," Bruce said as he turned to Dr. Cho. "Do you have any?"

"Yeah... in there." She pointed inside, where you were still slamming yourself on the door.

"Wanda, can you get in his head?" Pietro asked his sister.

Wanda's eyes flashed red as she tried to do that. For a second, your eyes went from gold to red, and you stopped. They thought it was working, but you shook your head and snarled at the witch.

"What happened?"

"I can't get in," Wanda told him. "His head is all fuzzy... There's nothing there but anger. I don't know how to get inside without possibly hurting him."

"I don't think we should push it," Bruce cautioned. "Speaking from experience, you might just push him too far."

"We can wait it out," Tony suggested. "Maybe whatever he was injected with will just flush out of his system."

Everyone suddenly grew quiet when they heard a loud cracking sound from the door. The glass was starting to give out, and you noticed too.

Steve and Sam started escorting all the medical staff out of there as the rest of the team prepared for you to break through the glass. Bruce left as well, knowing the Hulk might just make the situation worse. Tony and Rhodey put on their suits, but it was more for their protection.

When you finally came crashing through, you shook the glass off you and glared at your team. Your claws were extended to their full length, and your teeth looked sharp enough to bite through bone.

"(Y/N)," Natasha called out. "We don't want to hurt you."

You growled as you lunged at her, but Tony stepped in your way. "Sorry (Y/N)."

The sound of your claws scraping against his metal suit filled the room as Tony tried to pin you down. Rhodey jumped in to help too, but they were both struggling to be gentle.

"Get the sedatives!"

Clint and Natasha rushed into the med-bay, but with the mess, they were having trouble.

Tony was forced to let go of you as you slashed his helmet, damaging it. You then struck Rhodey in his arc reactor, causing his suit to spasm.

With their suits out of commission, Thor stepped up. "Looks like we'll be sparring after all." He punched you in the gut, making you fall back.

"Careful," Loki sneered at his brother.

"He can take it," Thor defended. Proving his point, you get back up glaring at the god.

"The point is to not hurt him," Wanda pointed out. She uses her powers to restrain you. You trash around, but her magic doesn't budge.

"Couldn't you have done that in the first place?" Tony asked as he stepped out of his suit and helped out Rhodey.

"You didn't give me a chance."

Pietro tried to take a closer look at you but backed up when you bared your teeth at him. "He is not in a good mood."

"Have you two found the sedatives yet?" Bucky asked the spies.

"If you're not helping, shut up," Natasha told him.

Loki put his hand on your head, making you snap at him. "Relax (Y/N). Let me help."

Most of Loki's magic helped him cause mischief, so figuring out how to calm you down was tricky. He turned to Wanda for help. "Perhaps we can come up with something together." Wanda agreed, eager to figure out a solution.

"Hey, I figured out what that serum was," Bruce announced as he came back. He took in the damage around him, and his eyes widened. "Did... (Y/N) do this?"

"It could have been worse," Tony told him. "What do you have Banner?"

"The needle had some canine DNA, explaining how his powers got triggered. There was also some type of steroid cocktail that must have made him rage out. Dr. Cho is in my lab helping me reverse engineer it. Maybe we can come up with an antidote."

"Let's put him in the containment cell we had made for the Hulk. That should hold him."

It was decided that while Bruce and Dr. Cho figured out a more permanent solution, Loki and Wanda would look for ways to control your rage.

Thor helped you to your feet, and you didn't try fighting him off. It appeared as if you had calmed down, but Bucky noticed the way you were eyeing everyone.

"I'm getting a bad feeling," Bucky said.

Thor moved you forward, but as you passed by Wanda, you lunged at her. She was slammed against a wall making her restraints on you disappear.

Pietro pushed you away from his sister, but you just turned your attention to someone else.

"Banner watch out!"

You jumped onto Bruce, pinning him to the ground as your claws dug into his shoulders. His screams were replaced by a large roar as the Hulk tossed you off him.