Road Trip

"(y/n)! Get as many people out of here before this place goes down," Steve ordered through the comms.

"Understood," you answered. You slung two civilians onto your shoulders and ran towards the nearest exit making sure to avoid the flames and debris that was starting to surround you.

During your mission, a bomb had gone off causing a fire that had quickly started to engulf the building. Normally you would have just gotten the information you needed and left, but now that you were an Avenger you had to stay behind and help out all the innocent people still inside. You were still new to the whole hero thing so you didn't really see the appeal on helping people, but you do know how to follow orders so you do what you're told.

"The east side is blocked, I'll backtrack and find another one." You adjusted your hold on the two people on your shoulders and rushed back the way you came from. "Stark if this suit wasn't heat resistant I think I would be able to do this."

"I'll take that as a compliment to my amazing craftsmanship," Tony responded through the comms. He and Scarlet Witch were busy making sure the building didn't collapse while you, Steve, and Pietro got everyone out.

"(l/n) are you out yet," Steve interrupted, "this place won't hold for too long."

"Found an exist. I'll be out in a minute."

"You're so slow," you heard Pietro murmur.

"Not everyone has super-speed you little-"

"Finish this later I'm getting tired here!" Wanda shouted. She was using her powers to keep most of the building standing.

"I'm out," Steve announced.

"Same here." You gently placed the unconscious people you were carrying on the ground and let the paramedics do their jobs.

"I've been waiting for a while," Pietro chimed in.

"This whole structure is coming down Cap, the only thing we can do is help the fire department isolate the flames," Tony explained as he landed next to you.

"Understood. Let's just help get people out the way and-"

"No, let me through! My kid is in there! Please, you've got to save him!" You turned to see a man being restrained by police officers while he's yelling at them.

"Tony is there anyone else in the building," Steve asked.

"Don't know I can't get a heat signature with the flames everywhere it's impossible to tell."

Steve walked up to the man and tried to calm him down while preventing him from running into the burning building. "Sir where was the last place you saw your child? They could have been evacuated when the explosion took place, they could-"

"No, I checked! He was in the daycare on the first floor, he could still be there!" The man had tears running down his face and looked like a mess. You normally wouldn't feel sympathy for someone in this state but for some reason, his pleading and crying was tugging at something in your chest. Next thing you knew you were sprinting towards the burning building.

"(Y/n)!" Pietro saw you enter the building but couldn't run after you as the entrance you had taken was engulfed in flames and would be too risky for him.