Dr. Harold Abbott

Instead of tearing the doctor apart as many of the Avengers had expected, you buried your head under his arm in an attempt to hide from the ear-piercing sound. You whimpered and shook as he ran his free hand through your fur.

"Why didn't he kill him?" Loki asked bitterly. He would have paid good money to see you kill the man who had done this to you.

"He's still loyal to me," Abbott grinned. The truth was that you've been conditioned to associate the sound with the doctor, so you assumed that he was also the only one who could make it stop.

"That's not loyalty; that's fear." Wanda tried using her powers to soothe you, but you simply kept shaking as you moved closer to the doctor. Tony then tried pulling you away from him, but you refused.

Bucky tried lowering the sound, but it was stuck on one volume. He kept fiddling with the device until he felt something grab him from behind.

"Buck!" Steve shouted as he watched Hector, who had been knocked out in the lower floors, tear the device from Barnes and smash it to the ground. Your ears perked up instantly, and you grew hostile once more.

"Not this again," Tony muttered as he jumped on top of you for the millionth time, trying to pin you to the ground. Pietro sped Bruce out of there to avoid setting off the Hulk, and Steve and Sam got Hector off of Bucky.

During the chaos, Abbott managed to slip out of his cuffs and sneak away. There was a helicopter on the roof he was going to use to escape, but he barely made it to the landing pad before someone pushed him to the ground.

"Leaving so soon, doctor?"

Abbott turned around to see both T'Challa and Loki hovering over him. He tried crawling away, but Loki threw a knife at him, pinning his coat to the ground.

T'Challa then grabbed him by the collar. "Tell us what you did to (L/N) and how to cure it."

Abbott simply laughed at him. "Cure? This isn't an ailment that can be cured by home remedies. This is the future of mankind. Evolution at its finest."

"What you do goes against nature."

"We all have our own beliefs."

Loki grabbed Abbott out of T'Challa's grip and instead wrapped his hand around his throat. "(Y/N)'s life is not something you get to use for your delusional experiments. Tell us how to cure him!"

"You care for him." Abbott watched the way Loki glared at him and smiled. "How is it that a god like you has developed an infatuation for my boy?"

Loki picked Abbott from the ground and pushed him over the edge of the roof. For a moment, T'Challa thought he killed him until he looked over the edge and saw that Loki was still holding him from his coat.

"He's not your boy! He's nothing of yours!" He shouted.

Abbott grabbed Loki's arm as he tried not to look down. He then unwisely kept taunting him. "Do you think (Y/N) cares about you?! His entire purpose is to serve Hydra!"

"Tell me how to cure him, or I'll let your brains splatter on the ground!"

Abbott looked at T'Challa. "You won't let him drop me. If you want to help (Y/N), you need me alive!"

Although T'Challa didn't mean it, he pretended to not care. "We have some of the brightest minds on our team. We'll figure out how to cure him eventually. But if you want to live, you can help yourself by speeding up the process and telling us."

Despite the time-sensitive position he was in, Abbott thought it over. He weighed all his options before glaring at the men. "All I ever wanted was to leave a legacy, something people would remember me by. (Y/N) is the result of all my work, and you're not going to take that from me."

"You foul bastard!" Loki grunted as he let a bit of Abbott's coat slip out of his grip, briefly scaring the doctor.

"You so desperately want to leave a mark you're willing to lose the only person who ever cared for you," T'Challa told him, looking at the doctor with contempt. "You're not leaving a legacy; you're destroying it."

"I guess we'll have to see." Abbott slipped himself out of his coat, making Loki and T'Challa desperately reach out to stop him, but it was too late.

They heard a sickening crack as his body hit the ground, and that was the end of Dr. Harold Abbott.

"Damn!" Loki shouted as he slammed his fists on the edge. He wished he could be happy to see the man who had caused you pain dead, but he was quite possibly their only chance at getting you back to normal.

"There was never any point in negotiating with a mad man," T'Challa said as he turned away from the corpse. He was going to tell the rest of the team when suddenly a pained howl pierced the air.

Loki then sighed and shook his head. "It's only going to get worst from here."

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

A/N: I forgot I made Abbott's first name Harold and could not stop laughing when I remembered.