Food

When the others transported Abbott's machine back to the compound, Steve went to the lab an hour later to see if there had been any progress. The moment he walked through the door, he heard the sound of power tools.

"How's it going?" he shouted over the noise.

Tony lifted his wielding goggles and looked over his shoulder. "Oh hey, Cap! How's (Y/N)?"

"Loki managed to calm him down while simultaneously keeping all his limbs."

"That's good."

Steve gestured to the large machine in the middle of the lab. "Have you gotten anything from this yet?"

Tony shook his head, "We scanned it, but I'm taking a few pieces apart to get a closer look. Bruce and Shuri will join me when I'm finished."

Steve nodded and was about to leave before Tony stopped him. "Has (Y/N) shown any signs of recognition? Do you think they remember us?"

"He's in there somewhere."

Steve left, and on his way back to his room, he ran into Bucky, who was carrying a tray full of food. "Who's that for, Buck?"

Bucky looked down at the tray, "I assumed (Y/N) must be hungry, and since I don't know what he would like, I got some of everything."

"I'm sure he'll enjoy it. Just hand the tray to Loki and-"

"I wanted to try giving it to him myself."

Steve looked unsure, "He's still dangerous."

"I'll be careful, I promise."

"Alright," Steve sighed. "Try not to lose any more limbs."

Bucky took the tray to your cage, where you had fallen asleep with your head on Loki's lap. The trickster refused to move because it would wake you up.

"Brought some food," Bucky announced. He opened the door to the cage, and your ears perked up. You then looked up at Bucky and growled.

Loki stroked your fur and shushed you. "It's alright. It's just Barnes."

Bucky showed you the food tray in his hands, catching your attention. He then placed it in front of you, but you stared at it suspiciously, not moving from your spot on Loki. Bucky grabbed a piece of steak and held it out, trying to entice you to come forward. When you refused to move again, he decided to get closer.

"Go slowly," Loki warned him.

"I know what I'm doing."

When Bucky was just a few feet in front of you, you finally leaned over to cautiously sniff the food in his hand. You then eyed him one more time before taking a bite.

"What did I say?" Bucky said with a cocky smile.

Loki rolled his eyes as he pushed the plate full of food closer to you. You then started to dig in. "Has Stark made any progress?"

"They barely brought it back. I doubt it."

"I thought so," Loki said distastefully.

"We're doing the best we can."

Loki gestured at you, "Obviously not hard enough; look at him."

"I don't see how you're helping," Bucky scowled.

"I'm keeping him calm." Loki then looked down at you and stroked your fur. "Aren't I?"

You let out a sound that sounded like something like a purr or growl, they couldn't tell. Either way, you looked content chowing down on the food the one-armed man brought you and receiving pets from the other one with long hair.

After this, you won't try to kill them anymore, at least not today.

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A/N: just had surgery and in pain lol see y'all in a couple weeks