Showtime

"What would (Y/N) be doing in a military research facility?" Clint asked. He was walking down the hall of said facility with Natasha and Steve. An armed soldier was escorting them to his superiors.

"He's probably not here by his own choice. There's something here that Abbott wants, and he had (Y/N) come to get it; that's why Loki tracked him here," Steve reasoned.

"What could that be?"

"That's what we're here to find out."

The trio walked into a large office where the officer in charge was sitting behind his desk. When he saw Steve, he immediately stood up and saluted him. "Captain Rogers, it's a pleasure to have you here."

"I wish we could talk, but we're here on urgent matters," Steve responded, getting to the point.

"And what is that?"

"We believe someone is trying to break into your facility and steal something."

"I can assure you, Captain, that nobody comes in or out without proper clearance. But if you tell me what is being targeted, then we can take proper security measures."

"We don't know. We just know that the perpetrators are close by, and everyone in this building is in danger."

"I don't think I can help you without the proper information."

"What do you have here that can be considered valuable?" Natasha asked. There was a not-so-subtle change in attitude as the officer responded to her. He was suddenly defensive.

"Classified, ma'am."

"Whatever it is, it's at risk."

"I've already been gracious enough with letting you in here, Ms. Romanoff. But as I told the Captain, I can't do anything without the proper information."

Annoyed, Clint turned to leave. "This is a waste of time. If you don't want to listen to us, that's fine. Good luck fighting off some of Hydra's best men."

"Hydra?" The officer asked, sounding worried. "We're being threatened by Hydra?"

"Yes, you are. In fact, our sources say they're right outside these walls at this exact moment."

The officer suddenly became very cooperative and had another soldier escort the trio to the lower levels of the building. That's where their labs were located, along with a vault containing rare and important resources.

"I hate dealing with guys like that," Clint muttered. "They think they're the law of the land just because of the uniform they wear."

Steve arched an eyebrow, and Clint quickly spoke again. "Except for you, Cap. I'm not talking about guys like you."

"Nice save," Natasha quipped.

"This is it," the soldier escorting them spoke up. "We request that you try not to touch anything while you're in the lab and stay away from the vault. It has a security system that would lock down the entire lab and trap you in if triggered."

"Understood. Thank you," Steve told him. The guard stepped outside while the trio spoke to one of the scientists. They were describing their research and the resources they had here.