Three months

(Very creative title)

Three months have passed since the avengers brought you to the tower, and they've grown... accustomed to your behavior. They noticed you weren't as serious and brooding like Bucky was when he had moved in, you were more upbeat. Not something a person who has been tortured and used all their life by Hydra usually behaves like.

In the first few weeks you spent most of your time in the lab with Bruce and Tony. They ran test on you and you explained the limits of your abilities. They knew you were able to take on certain animal traits by injecting yourself with the blood. But Bruce was developing a way you could do that without the struggle of obtaining the blood.

After a month the Avengers started to get used to your presence. Steve would take you along on his morning runs, and Natasha would let you tag along while she did her errands. Bruce was used to you hanging around the lab even when you didn't have to. Didn't matter who it was, you could always seen trailing behind an Avenger.

When Loki had first met you he compared you to a dog. He said it was due to the fact you would always follow everyone around like a puppy. He had even started calling you mutt as an insult but it soon became more of an affectionate nickname. Though he would never admit it.

The Maximoff twins were a bit weary of you at first. Wanda didn't know what to make of you, and Pietro just preferred to keep his distance. It wasn't till they saw the others interact with you that they finally let you have a chance. Pietro found he enjoyed your sarcastic humor and your witty comebacks that rivaled Stark's . Wanda had a little trouble at first, she thought you were immature and took things too lightly. It wasn't till you were both alone and had a serious conversation about your experiences with Hydra, that she realized that your jokes were a way a coping for you.

After spending hours with you in the lab, Tony declared you were his favorite super soldier. You were a lot more laidback then Cap, and a lot less serious than Barnes. He had discovered that due to your time in Hydra you knew very little about things we would consider normal. ( He once saw you get startled by the toaster). He had been the one to introduce you to tv shows, so when you become bored he turns on the tv and you sit down with your legs crossed, completely distracted.

The only Avenger who has yet to accept you is Barnes. He wanted to give you a chance, he really did, but every time he looked at you he got this weird feeling in his gut he didn't like. He knew you from somewhere, most likely from his Winter Solider days. He did everything he could to avoid you. You had a harder time talking to him than you did with Loki. At least the god of mischief would speak to you, even if it was mostly insults.

Though it took you a while you've learned to adjust to your new home. You don't have to train vigorously all day, and you aren't forced to be anyone's lab rat or punching bag anymore. You're now glad you didn't kill the Avengers when you first met them.
____________________________________
A/N:

Me: wow I've finally finished writing the chapter

Me: wow I've finally finished writing the chapter. Better publish it.

Me to me: reread it till you completely hate it and have to rewrite it, then do the whole cycle again

I'm posting this at 2am before I regret it in the morning. There isn't any dialogue, but I kinda just wanted to establish some things to help me get on a role with the rest of the chapters.