Assignment

"Do you remember how to use these?" Dr. Abbott asked as he held a vial in front of you. You took it from him and nodded. "Good, you'll need this too."

He passed you a syringe, and you scowled. Abbott looked at you questioningly. "What is it? You suddenly don't like needles?"

"Can't you just give me pills?" you asked.

He looked surprised. "Pills?

"That's what I used to take."

He shook his head and handed you the syringe. "You've never taken pills; this is how it's always been done." You were sure that wasn't true, but you knew better than to argue with him.

You followed him into his lab, where he made you sit on an examination table. He then told you to roll up your sleeve so that he could collect some blood samples.

"You have an assignment coming up," he said, inserting the needle in your arm. "I want you to take your brothers, Ajax and Hector."

You fought back the urge to argue but couldn't hold back. You not only hated when he referred to those as your brothers, but you also hated when he forced you to interact with them. They were so dull.

"I was hoping to work with the new strike team-"

"You'll be working with your brothers," he said firmly. It was like a switch was flicked in your head, and you nodded. You wouldn't question him on the topic again.

When the doctor was sure you dropped the subject, he began discussing your assignment. "I'm missing some ingredients and need you to collect them for me. They're rare and can only be found in specific places."

He removed the needle out of your arm and gave you a small bandage. You rolled down your sleeve and stared at your feet. "I'll get it done."

"Good. You're dismissed."

You hopped off the table and were about to leave until the doctor spoke again.

"One more thing, (Y/N). If you run into the Avengers again, I don't want you to hesitate in killing them, do you understand?"

Again you felt that switch flip inside you as a haze took over your mind. All you cared about was doing what he said. "Yes, sir."