Friendly Fire

(y/n)- your name

(l/n)-last name

You concentrated on loading your gun as the sound of gunfire in the warehouse drowned out the yelling coming from both your team and the enemy. A couple of shots hit the pillar you were hiding behind, but that didn't seem to faze you, you simply shifted more to the right and continued to load your weapons. Who knew working with a team would make missions so... boring.

"They're surrounding us. We need to start heading towards the extraction point." You heard Natasha instruct you through the comms in your ear.

"Maybe we would have been there by now," Bucky said as he fired a couple of rounds towards the enemy "if (l/n) would stop hiding behind that pillar like a little-"

"You're right Barnes," you called back to him. "We would have been there already if you had realized sooner that you aren't a popsicle and taken that stick out of your ass!"

"Guys!" Natasha yelled as she took cover behind a crate that was next to you. "You're both very pretty, so stop arguing about it before I end up shooting the both of you!" Bucky rolled his eyes but shut his mouth as you gave a small chuckle. Natasha just wanted to get the objective over with as soon as possible but it seemed a lot more difficult with Bucky and you always butting heads.

"Next time I think I would prefer if Stark was on our team," Bucky stated not giving a single shit that you were standing right there looking mildly offended.

"Barnes that is so rude." You put a hand on Natasha who was crouching near you, "Nat is basically carrying the whole team right now, you can't just say that to her face."

"Real funny (l/n)."

Nat shoved your hand away from her and started making her way towards the extraction point. Bucky and you covered her as you moved your way forward as well. All three of you moved swiftly but carefully as you went through the warehouse avoiding enemy fire and shooting a couple of rounds when someone got to close. You thought perhaps this time you would all make it out of alive. Until all of a sudden, all gunfire suddenly ceased.

"You've been hit by friendly fire," Friday calmly informed you through your comm. "The shot was fatal. Simulation failed."

"Oh no I've been shot!" you shouted dramatically while pretending to be wounded. "And by my own teammate none the less!" You threw yourself on the ground and closed your eyes as Natasha and Bucky stared unamused.

Your surroundings dissolved back into the plain white training room Tony had built for simulations and the robots who had been pretending to be your enemies lowered their weapons and shut down. You continued to lay on the ground as Tony himself walked into the room with Steve following behind.

Once Tony saw you on the ground he walked towards you and gently nudged you with his foot. "What are you doing?" he asked amused.

"Shh I'm dead," you whispered to him and continued to just lay there.

"You having fun with that?"

"Surprisingly yes, the floor is really comfortable here. I always thought that when Bucky finally killed me it would be in the middle of the woods or the kitchen."

"The kitchen?" Steve asked.

"I don't get out much, so my choices are very limited in this tower," you explained as you stood up from the ground.