Christmas

8:30 am Christmas morning

When you woke up that morning you didn't expect it to be on the kitchen table with a nasty headache. You felt as if someone had been hitting you on the head with a hammer. You sat up on the table and inspected your surroundings. There were a couple of plates shattered on the ground and food splattered on the walls. You debated on two options, either laying back down and going back to sleep or getting up and figuring out what the hell had happened last night. Sadly you chose the latter. You hopped off the table and were careful not to step on any broken glass with your bare feet as you made your way to the common room. All the halls and rooms of the tower were decorated with tinsel, wreaths, and those colorful Christmas lights. Last night you remembered being fascinated by all the decorations, now the bright colors gave you a headache.

When you finally made it into the common room you saw one of Earth's mightiest heroes passed out on the floor and the other two on the sofas in their pjs. "This is Hydra's biggest threat," you murmured to yourself sarcastically.

You walked towards the closest Avenger, which happened to be Captian America himself. You hovered over him as he laid on his back on the couch, he looked so peaceful and vulnerable fast asleep. You grabbed a throw pillow that was on the ground and raised it over your head before slamming it down on his face.

"Good morning sunshine, time to wake up," You said not too loud due to your own headache. Steve groaned as he grabbed the pillow from your hands and threw it back at you, you easily caught it and threw it back on the ground.

"What time is it?" He asked as he sat up running his hands through his messy hair. You shrugged and walked towards Pietro who had been sleeping on the other end of the couch.

"Wake up speedy, you smell like booze and throw up and it's making my head hurt." Pietro flicked you off as he turned his back to you. Steve grinned as he passed you a pillow and you hit Pietro with it, a lot softer than you had hit Steve but enough to throw him off the couch.

"Ow, why'd you hit me that hard," he whined rubbing his head. Steve scoffed at him as he stood up. "He barely touched you."

"Easy for you to say, super soldier."

Steve walked towards Natasha who was not so gracefully sprawled on the floor and tapped her on the shoulder. "Nat, wake up.'' Steve kept poking and nudging her to get up but she simply groaned in response.

"The graceful and deadly black widow in her natural habitat," you joked. "Careful boys, she might bite your head off.''

"Fuck off (l/n)." Nat slowly got up and staggered towards an empty armchair. Her hair was a little messy and she looked cranky. "What the hell happened last night?"

Steve stretched his arms over his head before answering "I honestly have no idea, I don't remember anything after breakfast yesterday."

You looked at all the messed up Christmas decorations around you including the tree that had somehow fallen over. "Whatever happened it was probably wild." Suddenly there was loud groan coming from the tree that startled all of you. Steve who was closet to it stepped back alarmed as the tree started to move.

"Oh my god, it's alive."

You all stared at the tree as it was flung to the side and Thor stood up with pine needles in his blond hair. He looked at you all confused as he brushed some of the needles off his clothes. "Did I miss something?"