Scared

"I followed his tracks towards the treeline, but they stopped there," Pietro told the others. It's been an hour since you disappeared, making them anxious, wondering where you could be. You weren't in the right state of mind and posed a danger to yourself and others.

Steve took a breath as he decided what to do next. Time was precious, and he couldn't afford to waste anymore. "Alright, I need Tony, Bruce, and T'Challa to stay in the building and try to figure out what Abbott did to (Y/N). I suggest taking a look at the weird machine in the basement."

"On it, Cap," Tony saluted and walked back into the building with the two other men following behind.

"Rhodey, Sam, and Thor. I want you three to search the perimeter from above while the rest of us search on the ground. Wanda and Loki will take the north side. Clint and Pietro take the east. Bucky and I will go south, and Natasha-"

"I'm not going alone," Nat cut in. "I'm the only person without superpowers."

"I don't have powers," Clint cut in.

"But Pietro does."

Steve resisted the urge to roll his eyes. "Alright, Natasha goes with Wanda, and Loki can go alone."

Loki looked offended, "And why must I be the sacrifice?"

"You're the least liked," Clint told him with a smug grin.

"We're wasting time," Steve said. "Let's go."

Loki mumbled to himself as he went to search for you in his section. "Darn Midgardians and their stupid plans. None of this would have happened if the mutt would have stayed with me in Asgard."

He promised himself that after he found you, he would take you to Asgard, where he would be able to keep you close and safe. No mortal would dare hurt you again under his protection.

Bucky was having a similar thought as he looked around his section. Of course, he couldn't offer you a grand palace like the one in Asgard. But he would still do everything to keep you safe after everything that's happened. He promised he wouldn't let someone like Abbott come near you again.

"You're quiet," Steve told him.

Bucky shrugged, "I'm thinking."

"About?"

"What's going to happen to (Y/N) when we find him?"

"We'll help him."

He let out a long sigh, "And if we can't? What if whatever they did to him is permanent?"

Steve frowned at the possibility. "He's our friend. Whatever happens, we won't abandon him. Whatever it takes."

On the opposite side of the perimeter, Wanda and Natasha were also thinking about what would happen if they couldn't help you.

"What if he recovers his memories again but is stuck like that physically?" Wanda asked out loud.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get there," Natasha reassured her. "For now, let's just focus on finding him."

"What if we can't find him either?"

Natasha chuckled at the thought, "(Y/N) is twice his original size. He can't-"

Natasha suddenly froze when she heard a sound a few feet away. Wanda noticed her reaction and followed the assassin's lead.

"I think it came from over there," Nat whispered. She slowly walked in the direction the sound came from and paused when she heard it again. Wanda heard it this time too and was confused at where it was coming from.

"Where is he?"

A low growl and a small branch falling by their side made them slowly look up to see that you were right above them, perched in a tree. It was dark, the shadows hiding your figure, but there was no mistaking the golden glow of your eyes. Natasha grabbed Wanda's shoulder and carefully made her walk backward. She was trying to avoid any sudden movements.

You kept your eyes on them the entire time, baring your teeth when they moved a little too quickly. But it wasn't until Wanda accidentally stepped on a stick, a loud snap echoed around them, that you finally lunged.

Wanda, tired from fighting all day and frustrated with you, put up a shield and then pushed you back. You snarled at her, and she glared back at you.

"Enough!" she shouted. She pushed you back again, your wounded shoulder hitting a tree. You yelped loudly and cowered away from her. The two women noticed your reaction and watched as you whined from the pain inflicted by your injury.

"We don't want to hurt you," Natasha said softly. "Let us help you."

You let out a weak growl and swiped your paw at her, but Wanda stopped you from hurting her. "Stop it, (Y/N)," she said in a firm tone. Her eyes flashed red, and you whimpered under her stare. You were tired and wounded from your previous fight. You were conscious enough to know you wouldn't be able to go up against the witch.

"We found him," Natasha spoke into the comms. "I suggest you approach with caution."

"Is he being hostile?" Steve asked.

Natasha watched as Wanda got closer, and you hissed at her. "He looks scared."

"Bucky and I are on the way. I want everyone else to keep their distance. We don't want to spook him." When the guys finally got there, you grew irritated, but Wanda kept you in place.

"Who knew he just needed a stern talking to," Bucky quipped when he saw you back up as Wanda scolded you.

"He's just scared and tired," Wanda told him. "He has no idea what's going on."

"Any ideas on how to get him back to the compound?" Steve asked.

"I have one, but we'll need Strange's help again."

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
A/N: my unreliable posting schedule is based on the lunar cycle and the hamster in my head who gives me motivation to write every time he runs on his wheel

Also I might make a TikTok account. Why? I'm bored and want to post niche memes only u guys would understand. Your thoughts on the matter?