𝟏𝟖

*long chapter, sorry in advance*

Victoria cross her legs, grabbing her notepad and pen

Victoria cross her legs, grabbing her notepad and pen. She placed them on her lap then crossed her hands.

"Shall we get this started love?" She asked Constance who stopped looking around the beautiful room.

"Yes." Constance answered, nodding her head. She put her attention on the beautiful dark skin women that sat in front of her.

It was her first therapy session and she was somewhat nervous. She wasn't sure what was going to happen and she was barely prepared. She rub her sweaty hands together, swallowing the hung lump in her throat.

"Are you nervous?" Victoria asked and she nodded her head.

"It's my first time doing this." Constance answered.

"Well, then I'm just going to let you know there's no need to be nervous. I'm here to help you with whatever issues you have going on. To make you less nervous, I'm going to tell you a little bit about myself." Victoria told her, Constance nodded her head loosening up.

"So, for starters my name is Dr.Harvey, but you can call me Victoria. I'm fifty-five years old and I been doing this for almost thirty years now." She started off, Constance eyes widened hearing her age.

"I'm sorry, but your fifty-five? You don't look fifty-five at all." Constance told her and Victoria chuckled, smiling.

"Thank you, I get that a lot when I say my age."

"Black really doesn't crack." Constance chuckled, Victoria nodding her head.

"No, it does not. So, yes I'm fifty-five and I been doing this for thirty years. I specifically chose to mentor and talk to young black women because I know it's a struggle having someone to talk to. I been through it before where I needed some therapy and talking to people that didn't get my issue was pointless. So, I went to school, got my degree and built my own establishment." Victoria continued.

"Enough about me though, let's talk about you hon. So, tell me about yourself."

"What exactly do you want to know?" Constance asked, tapping her thumbs together.

"Anything that you feel comfortable telling me. It's the first session, so we don't have to go too deep." Victoria answered and Constance nodded her head.

"Okay, well I'm twenty-two years old and my life is alright for the most part. I have a boyfriend that I been with for three years and we live together. He makes me very happy and he's very supportive of me. I guess you can say that I'm a fashion designer. I have my own shop and I design clothes for mainly women and it's successful." Constance told her, Victoria nodding her head as she wrote it down.

"Okay, so your living a normal twenty-two year old life. You have your own business, making money and your in a happy relationship. So, tell me why are you here?"