𝟑𝟎

Reflection, looking back so that the view looking forward is even clearer. Constance roll the window down, leaning out of it as they arrive in Manhattan, New York. She look around as they drove through Times Square heading to their hotel.

The streets were crowded and people were walking around. Constance smile as she look at the tall buildings that were starting to light up as night time came around. Finally finding a parking spot, Demetrius parked the car then they all got out.

"Be careful babe." Constance said as Liam jumped out the car. She shut the door after him as Demetrius got their bags.

She grabbed Liam hand as they follow after Demetrius in the hotel. As he went up to the desk, Constance and Liam look around in awe.

"It's pretty right?" Constance asked and he nodded his head. "We're going to walk around Times Square later tonight baby and see all the pretty lights."

"Baby, come on." Demetrius waved them over and they quickly hurried to the elevator. They stepped on once the doors open.

As they lean on the railing, the older, white lady that stood in the elevator with them, clenched her purse. She moved closer to the door then glance down at Liam who waved at her. She gave him a weird look then look back at Demetrius and Constance.

"Excuse me, I don't want to sound rude, but is he yours?" The lady asked them, pointing at Liam.

Constance raise her brow, "Yeah, you haven't seen different shades of black people before? Oh, wait you and your people love being racist towards us for no reason. Y'all also like calling the cops when we're minding our business." Constance remarked, the lady face starting to get red.

"Yeah, the last time one of y'all called the cops on me and my boys, we went to the dude house. You know those whips your ancestors hit us with back in the day? We had one of those and we beat the shit out of him. Had him begging for mercy, but we didn't stop cause why should we. Your family didn't." Demetrius said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Right, I remember that and we also forced a white woman to have a baby with a black man just like the old days. And this little boy..." Constance paused putting her arm around Laim. "...is the creation of the two of them. Anymore questions?" she continued giving the lady a smile.

Her face was completely red of embarrassment. She turned around not saying anything back. The elevator door opened on their floor.

"Well, this is our floor. Have a good rest of your night ma'am." Constance gave her a wave stepping out with Demetrius and Liam behind her.

They both started laughing as they walk down the hall. "We're going to hell." Constance continued laughing.

"Oh well, she shouldn't have asked that dumb ass question." Demi said, shaking his head as he watched Liam run down the hall.

"Ooh, you know while we're here we should do that knocking in a persons door and running away thing." She suggested.

"You can't even run mamas, so it'll be pointless." he remarked, Constance shoving him.

"I still think we should do it." She mumbled as he swipe the hotel card and unlock the door.

"Yo, hyperactive nigga let's go!" Demetrius shouted and Liam ran over to them.

They walked inside the big, spacious bedroom. Constance smiling walking all the way in. She went over to one of the beds and laid on it.

"Jeez, this is so comfortable." she muttered to herself.

"I call this bed to myself, the two of y'all sleeping together." She told them,

"Hell no!" Demetrius emphasized and she chuckled sitting up. "Do you see this nigga?" He asked afterwards. The both of them look over at Liam who was jumping on the other bed.