𝟏𝟗

Sad by XXXTENTACION played through Dre beats. He peeked around the corner seeing Stan and his friends. They weren't paying attention, so he quickly walked in the opposite direction with his bike.

He had been on the run, so you could say. Stan was looking for him about his money and Dre was avoiding him at all costs. He just didn't have time to deal with whatever was going to happen. He continued walking until he approached his apartment building. Walking inside, he scrunched up his face smelling cat piss as he lean his bike against the wall.

"Ayo, can you watch my bike?" he asked the guy at the counter. The guy ignored him and Dre suck his teeth.

He started walking up the many stairs going to the first floor. Walking down the hall, he heard yelling from one of the apartments. He kept walking minding his business until he reached his place. He took a deep breath staring at the number on the door. He hadn't been home in awhile nor have he seen his mother.

Pausing his music, he took his beats off then reached for the knob. Twisting it, he opened the door walking inside.

"Mom!" he called out looking around the crappy living room. Trash was all over the place and a rat ran across the floor.

He shook his head remembering why he never came to visit. As he walk down the hall, he started hearing loud cries for help. As he got closer to the room, he could make out his mother voice. Barging in the room, he seen a guy on top of his mom and he waisted no time running over to him.

"Get the fuck off my mom!" he shouted pushing the guy. Alexandra covering up her body with the old and stained sheet.

"Dre, what the fuck?" She shouted once she could make out who it was.

"You got a kid? I thought you said you didn't have any kids?" The man shouted getting up and covering his crotch.

"I don't have a kid, I don't fucking know him." Alexandra said and Dre frown looking at his mom. As much as he didn't want to say it, he was hurt.

"But, I am your kid though." Dre said, she sent a glare at him before looking back at the guy.

"Nah, you said you didn't have a kid. I'm not fucking no female with a kid that's dead." The guy started putting his clothes on while Alexandra tried stopping him.

Once he was dressed, he walked out the room and Alexandra followed after him.

"Jesus, I don't have a kid...you still fucking owe me!" She shouted out the door before coming back in and slamming it shut.

"Are you fucking happy now? Ruining my fucking opportunity to get free supply." she remarked fixing the sheet around her body.

Dre followed her to the kitchen seeing dirty dishes piled up in the sink and a line of cocaine on the counter.

He frown at the sight, "I thought you said you was getting clean." he said remembering her saying that.

Just before the New Year came, he had went and visited her since he wanted to bring in the new year with his mother. He wanted her to make a promise to get clean so they could be together. Dre hated being the only kid he knew that didn't live with their parents or relatives of any kind.

He didn't have a problem staying and being under Demetrius and Constance guidance, but he wanted his mom. She had been on drugs since he was a baby and he just wanted her to get better. For herself and for him. He knew he was on thin ice with Demetrius and one fuck up, he was gone.

And he knew they weren't going to send him back his mom and instead an adoption center or a foster home. He didn't want to go to either, but instead he wanted to be in the comfort of his own home. Sadly, his home didn't make him comfortable.