𝟐𝟖

*excuse mistakes if any*

To solve a problem, you have to recognize your share of responsibility. If you only blame the others, you'll never solve it.

"Baby, your list done for Amira room or you need to add something?" Demetrius asked as he walk in the kitchen. He look up at Constance waiting for an answer, but didn't get one.

"Baby!" He called out causing her to turn around. "You heard me?" he asked and she shrugged her shoulders.

"No, I didn't. You gonna have to repeat yourself." she told him. Demetrius catching the slight attitude in her voice.

"Aight, I asked if your list was done cause if it is then imma go get it and we can work on Amira room today." He told her and she hummed a little.

"Well, it is done, but we have much more important things to worry about first. You wanna hear a joke?" she asked, Demetrius raising his brow confused.

"Uhh, sure." he hesitated, not knowing how to answer.

"Cool, why was the pregnant woman mad?" she asked, Demetrius squinting his eyes at her.

"I don't know."

"Because she woke up this morning catching her sister, who she stopped talking to, sneaking out her house. And she's trying to figure out why the fuck was here. Funny right?" she asked, smartly. Demetrius sigh, rubbing his forehead.

"Look, I'll explain-"

"Go ahead." She cut him off wanting to hear his reason. She was clear when she said she didn't want to see Aanya nor associate herself with her.

She was still angry about their last encounter at her job. She was completely over with helping and didn't want to see Aanya at all.

"So look, she called me last night asking if I could open the door, and when I did she asked if she could sleep here for the night." He began to explain.

"What the fuck does that have to do with me? She should've went and slept at her boyfriend house or somewhere, she didn't have to come here." Constance told him.

"Okay, but she said that her boyfriend locked her out the house and wouldn't let her in. So, she came here, asked for somewhere to sleep, so I let her sleep here. I was just helping her out, she didn't look good at all. She had blood on her shirt and her eye was black like she was getting hit on. I was just helping." He told her and she shrugged her shoulders again.

"Baby, I don't give a fuck." Constance told her and he sigh.

"Aight, let's not be insensitive-"

"Insensitive?" She questioned, cutting him off. "I'm not being insensitive, I genuinely don't give a fuck anymore. I stopped caring once she said what she said. So, I'm not being insensitive." she told him, getting slight irritated.

"Okay, but just take a moment before you say you don't care cause I know you do. That's your sister and she'll always mean something to you." He told her, Constance scoffed shaking her head.

"She needed help-"

"Oh, now she's the damsel in distress? I thought that only happen in fairytales and those LMN movies." She remarked making Demetrius stale face her.

"Babe, for one stop with the smart remarks and two stop cutting me off." He told her and she roll her eyes.

"Anyway, I understand that all three of y'all fell off. I also understand the shit she said and done to you. But, you really have to give her a pass this once. Ion know her boyfriend, but once I seen her face I knew for sure that nigga is doing something to her."