𝟒𝟏

note: a two month time skip

"This is a great way to start off the new year." Remy said as Octavia took his cup and put it back on the table.

They were at the hospital since Remy ended up passing out at the house. Octavia had seen him laying on the floor, his skin cold and pale. She wasted no time rushing him to the hospital where they had been at for the majority of the day. Demetrius sat in the chair, staring at the wall in his own thoughts like always. He came back to reality when his phone vibrated, making him look down at it.

Wifey💙

if I'm bothering u I'm sorry
but we're taking a drive tn
just to get Amira out the
house I hope that's fine

it's cool baby y'all good
over there?

she's fussing a lot but I'm
bout to give her a bath
and hope she falls asleep

aight I won't be here long
mamas if u need me just
call me and remember
to breath and don't stress out

I'll try not to😊

Demetrius shook his head, locking his phone. The room door opened and in walked Remy doctor.

"Give me some good news doctor. I can go home?" Remy asked eagerly, sitting up on the bed. They all look at his doctor seeing the worried facial expression on her face.

"Well, doc...can I go home?" Remy asked, growing slightly irritated that she was taking forever.

She sigh, "Okay, Remy I just have one question. Have you been taking your AZT?" She asked, Octavia and Demetrius looking at Remy.

"No, I told you that I wasn't taking them." Remy said, Octavia eyes widening.

"Remy, I thought you were taking them. You told me you were." She said looking at him and he roll his eyes.

"Well, I'm clearly not. I already said I wasn't going to take them, so I don't know why this conversation is even being brought up." He replied, aggressively.

"I'm pretty sure there's a reason, right doc?" Demetrius asked and she nodded her head.

"You see Remy by not taking those medications, the disease is going to start spreading to more of your T-cells. And the stronger they get, the worse the disease becomes and it could possibly turn into AIDS." The doctor told them. Demetrius sighing lowly, rubbing his hands down his face.

As if things couldn't get any worse.

"Remy, you need to start taking those meds. They're going to help." Octavia told him, rubbing his arm but he moved her hand.

"Doctor, tell them the side effects of me taking AZT." Remy told her aggressively. The doctor swallow the huge lump in her throat then put her attention on Octavia who was looking at her.

"Umm, well the side effects include headaches, nausea, insomnia, muscle pain and more. But, it does help with the prevention of the disease spreading."

"You hear that?" Remy asked looking at Octavia then Demetrius. "I'm not about to take these pills and have to go through all of that shit."