𝟒𝟔

"You have got to be kidding me."

Constance put Amira on her hip, shutting her car door. She held her as she quickly walked up to her shop. Her mouth dropped open seeing the windows shattered, the lock on the door broken off. Walking inside she look around seeing her shop turned upside down. Glass on the floor, her clothes completely gone from the racks.

She look around seeing everything torn apart as if hundreds of people just came in and ripped everything up. She wanted to cry badly, but she didn't even have any more tears left in her. Her shop was destroyed and for what?

"Jesus." Nicole dragged as her and Abby walk into the shop. They look around the torn up place.

"Amira please stop." Constance said taking her necklace out Amira hand. She walked behind the counter seeing jewelry gone from off the counter and the cash register broken.

"The riots were crazy, I didn't think they would break into the shop though." Abby said as she pick up one of the racks.

Everything was gone, completely gone and Constance was heartbroken. Why was everything happening to her? Her long works of designs were stolen right off the racks. And it wasn't like a little bit of clothes were gone; no EVERYTHING was taken.

She had nothing left and she had to start all over. She was furious, more so sad, because there was no reason. She understood everyone's anger towards the situation, she was angry too, but it's ridiculous to break into a business and steal their stuff. Stuff that cost hundreds of dollars that took years for her to make. A business that have a backstory behind it. A business that was black owned by a black woman that went from rags to riches.

There was no reason for it.

Amira continued pulling on Constance necklace hard. She blew spit bubbles trying to put it in her mouth. Constance kept looking around, her anger building up more and more. Amira kept pulling on her necklace irritating Constance more, so what happened next was just a reaction.

"AMIRA, I SAID STOP JESUS CHRIST!" She shouted at her, snatching her necklace out Amira hand.

Amira stare at her, her bottom lip poking out. The feeling of regret showing on Constance face as she seen Amira eyes starting to water.

"Amira-" Constance sentence cut off as she started crying loudly. Tears rolling down Amira cheeks as she continued screaming like she was hurt.

"I didn't mean to baby, calm down." Constance rub her back trying to calm her down, but Amira wasn't having it.

"Constance, I think you should go home. We got it from here." Nicole told her.

"Yeah, we'll stay here until the boys come." Abby added.

Constance nodded her head then headed out the store. Amira kept crying and it didn't seem like she was going to stop. Reaching the car, she opened the door then put Amira in the car. The crying from her started to make her head hurt. After buckling her up, she shut the door then got in herself.

"Jesus, peanut I didn't mean to." She said, starting up the car. Putting the car in drive, she pulled off quickly.

Moving her hair from her face, Constance sigh as Amira continued crying. It just didn't seem like she was going to stop. And Constance hated when she did that, because it made her feel some type of way that she couldn't calm her daughter down.

Whenever this happen, only one person could calm her.

After driving across town, she arrived at Demetrius shop. She parked in front of it then picked up her phone. Amira still crying, this time even louder than before. Constance called Demetrius then put the phone to her ear.