𝟑𝟐

"I honestly didn't think you would visit."

Demetrius smack his lips, "I'm not a cruel person. I was gonna come visit, I was just preparing myself you know." He told Dre and he let out a low laugh.

"Yeah, but I would've understood if you didn't come. Honestly..." Dre paused looking around. "I belong in here for doing something stupid."

"I'm not going to agree nor am I going to disagree with that statement. In all honestly though homie, you knew better." Demetrius told him, shaking his head.

"I understand you young and see other teens making bank doing this shit and not getting in trouble. But, not everybody gets away with that shit like others. Some aren't even built to be selling drugs, they just do it because they think it's fun and a good way to make money. While others are forced into that shit. Either way, it doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't be doing this at all. You, shouldn't be doing this shit at all."

"I know that now after being here for some time. It was a dumb decision really, but it is what it is." Dre shrugged her shoulders, putting his head on the table.

"Lift your head bro." Demi told him and he did as told. "Look I know I'm not your dad, so that's probably why you don't listen to shit I say. But, when me and Constance took you in, we both agreed to take care of you. She held up her end, but I didn't really. And I'm sorry bout that foreal, but you can't even lie you hardheaded as fuck." Dre chuckled nodding his head.

"But, that's not an excuse and I'm not saying that it is. You didn't understand me and I damn sure didn't understand you, but we both didn't even put in the effort to understand each other at all. So, I apologize for that." Demetrius apologize and Dre nodded his head.

"I apologize too for being hardheaded and not following your rules. But, can I tell you something?"

"Sure."

Dre sigh, "I didn't tell Constance because she has a reputation of taking things out of proportion." He said, Demetrius nodding his head agreeing.

"So, you know Mike?"

"Your friend?"

"Yeah, well we're not friends anymore. Turns out he was the one that told on me to the police and our principal." Dre confessed, Demetrius raising his brow.

"You serious?" He asked and Dre nodded his head. "How you find out?"

"I used my one phone call to call him and his step-dad ended up picking up and he told me everything. On the day the police came to the school, we ended up switching bags-"

"That was a dumb ass idea." Demetrius cut him off, shaking his head.

"I know that now, but it wasn't my idea more so his. He said he would dispose the rest of the drugs in my bag, but instead he kept them and sent them to the police. They never had a list full of names, it was just mine. His step-dad also said some really fucked up shit to me while we were on the phone."

"What he say?"

"He said that I was a bad influence to his son and that I deserved to rot in jail. He also said that I was going to end up like the rest of the black boys in this world, shot multiple times by the police."

"You got to be kidding me? A grown ass man telling a kid that. People are just so fucked up in the head." Demetrius said while rub the bridge of his nose.

"Times up! Visitation is over!" A guard shouted causing Dre and Demetrius to look at him.

Demetrius look back at Dre who's head was hung. "Get up kid." He told him knocking on the table then getting up. Once Dre stood up, Demetrius pulled him into a hug.