𝟑𝟓

The sound of the camera flickering quickly made Constance look over

The sound of the camera flickering quickly made Constance look over. She roll her eyes seeing Demetrius taking pictures of her.

"I'm finna murk you." She threatened and he chuckled looking at the picture.

"I wanted one off guard." He said. "Whatchu don't want your picture taken?" he asked as he started taking more pictures of her.

Constance stale face him, "Not at a moment like this, babe." she answered blocking her face with her hand.

Demetrius sigh, putting the camera down and looking at her. "She's fine." He told her, already knowing she was thinking about Aanya.

"How do you know?"

"I don't, but-ion know." He shrugged his shoulders. Constance lower her head and started playing with the strings on her shorts.

A week had went by since the news and they still haven't heard anything. They had went to the police station everyday asking if they had any leads, and they gave them the same answer; no. Constance was growing annoyed at the laziness the police were doing.

Everyday when she walked in the station, at least two of the officers were sitting there on their phones. They were playing games on the computer, or talking about their plans for thanksgiving, or what they're going to get their kids for Christmas. Instead of helping her with her issues, they preferred to talk about other things.

It got to the point where, Constance did her own thing. She put up missing reports, only for them to be taken down by people on the streets. She even went driving around hoping she would run into Aanya or her boyfriend somewhere. But, just an hour of driving, she had to go back home because she was having contractions. It seem like she wasn't getting anywhere and she was having a hard time getting her mind off the situation.

Demetrius sat on the bed and lean back beside her. "Can't we just talk? Can't we just talk, talk about where we're going!" Demetrius sung terribly, Constance started laughing shaking her head.

"Ooh, please shut the hell up." She told him and he laughed.

"You know you love my singing." He said and she shook her head. "You do, but foreal though mamas, everything will be fine."

"It's really not though, my sister is missing, Demi. She could be anywhere right now, hurt badly and we don't know. For all we know, she could be with her boyfriend and he's holding her hostage. Her neighbor said he was abusing her, so he's probably keeping her somewhere so she don't go to the cops. I honestly don't fucking know, but I want to find my sister. I can't deal with the guilt and regret I'm experiencing right now. The feeling is eating me alive and I can barely enjoy the last few weeks of my pregnancy."

"Yeah, I understand baby." He said grabbing her hand. "I also feeling really fucked up 'bout this whole thing. Even though, she's not my sister, I still treated her like she was. So, I also feel the regret your having. But, babe we tried the best we could. We all literally went to the police everyday to see if there was any news and they had nothing. You can say they're not doing their job and I can agree, but what do you expect when we don't have much information. Not to mention, but we talked to white officers so I doubt they give a damn."