𝟒𝟒

Demi shut the car door after taking Amira out. He put the blanket over her then handed Constance her diaper bag.

"This shall be interesting." Constance remarked, putting the bag strap on her shoulder.

They were at Octavia house since she wanted them over for dinner. Demi didn't want to come over, but she literally begged him to come over since she wanted to see her son. There was a reason why he didn't want to come because his family was just drama.

Every time they were together, arguments started and shots were thrown. He actually hated it since his aunt and cousin would always come at Constance. If his family was going to be disrespectful to his girl then he wasn't coming around them.

"Look baby just please behave." He told her, really not in the mood for the back and forth.

"You always telling me to behave and I don't even do anything." She said, frowning.

Judy and Nia were always coming at her and she always said smart shit back. She wasn't just going to let them talk shit about her or her family and just sit there. It was annoying to her and she was going to stand up for herself and her man. She didn't care if he was their nephew or cousin, she was his girlfriend and she ALWAYS had his back.

"I know, but I know how ruthless your mouth can get and I'll be damn if my wife ends up fighting my annoying ass family." He told her and she nodded her head.

"Fine, but can I get like one argument in?" She asked following after him.

"I'll give you one and that's all." He told her knocking on the door. She squealed, dancing a little. She couldn't wait to use her one argument for the night.

The door opened and they were greeted by Octavia. "Aww, hi baby!" She exclaimed, pulling him into a hug.

"Hey mom." He said back then pulling away from her. They stepped in the house, Octavia shutting the door after them. She gave Constance a tight hug, kissing her temple.

"I'm so happy y'all came, I miss y'all." She said, smiling from ear to ear. "Everyone is in the dining room, so come on."

They followed after her into the dining room. All eyes went on them instantly once they walked in.

"Look who decided to finally come. I guess y'all run on your own time." Nia remarked, eyeing Constance as they took a seat.

"We do." Demetrius answered nonchalant. He took Amira out her car seat, sitting her on his lap.

"The food is done guys!" Remy exclaimed as him and Eugene walked in the dinning room. Eugene placed the honey-glazed ham in the center of the table as Remy placed the sides. They sat down in their seats once they were done.

"Let's say grace everyone." Remy said. They all bow their heads, closing their eyes.

"Lord, praise you for friendship and family. Thank you for bringing us together tonight to share a meal. The people in our lives brings us such joy, and we are grateful for time spent in fellowship today. Help us use this time to bond closer as a group and learn to love each other more. Bless our appetites, both physically and spiritually, to honor You in all we. In Jesus' name, Amen." Eugene blessed the food.