Come Closer

The two of you had been arguing for the past hour and a half. Neither one of you wanting to give the other the benefit of the doubt. Truthfully when you had planned to visit your best friend you really didn't think the topic would shift to the latest guy you were sleeping with. Let alone end up having the most pettiest argument about it.

You leaned your back against the counter trying to catch your breath. "Why does it matter if I'm sleeping with him." You exclaimed once again watching as Henry ran his fingers through his hair tugging at the roots before turning to face you.

"He's not good for you I don't know how many times I have to explain it to you goddamn." He pointed a finger at you spit running down his chin in which he very angrily wiped off.

"Good it's not like I'm looking to fall in love with him ." You shrugged wrapping your arms in front of your chest.

Henry rolled his eyes pacing back and forth stuffing his hands into the pocket of his denim jeans. You watched as henry tried to calm himself down his panting only increasing when he turned to look at you right into your eyes.

"Come closer...I dare you." Henry bit his lip taking his hands out of his jean pockets.

"What?" You asked pushing yourself off the counter as you started walking towards him cautiously.

"I said to come closer." Henry growled grabbing your arms and pulling you towards him. Pressing his body against yours. Your heart racing as you felt his body heat on your body.

"I'm tired of seeing you cry whenever they end up not being the person you thought they were." Henry said to you as he was grabbing your cheeks in between his palms. Henry searched your eyes as you stared right  at him confusion written all over your face.

"Why does it matter Henry it's not like we're dating?" You whispered putting your hands over his.

"But we can be." Henry mumbled resting his forehead against yours. "It hurts me seeing you get treated this way and like I know I'm not perfect and I have many faults...but I promise I can treat you better." Henry finished caressing your cheeks with his thumb. Your grip on his hands softening taking in his confession. Your heart beating out of time.

You sighed looking down at the floor trying to wrap your head around the events that had taken place over the last two hours. Especially now as you stood in the arms of your best friend who had just indirectly admitted his feelings for you. "H-Henry I–."

"It's okay you don't have to say anything now." Henry Just quickly cut you off kissing you softly before wrapping his arms around your torso hugging you tightly. His heart beat matched your heartbeats in sync.