Cupcakes

Frosting fell to the floor as your cursed loudly it was your best friend Henry's birthday and you attempting to make cupcakes before he arrived at your apartment but by the frosting now on the floor and deformed cupcakes in the pan clearly things were not going as planned.

You had never been one to cook and usually left him to do most of the cooking and for very good reasons. Because honestly you sucked at it.

Reaching for a towel you bent down wiping down the frosting when you heard the door open causing you to slump in defeat he was going to think you were an idiot.

Henry walked into the kitchen before stopping and bursting out into a fit of laughter as he saw you hunched over with the wasted frosting.

"You tried cooking again?" Henry chuckled as he came over and kneeled next to you helping you clean it up before standing up his eyes falling on the not so decorated cupcakes. "You made these cupcakes for me?"

Nodding ashamed you looked at your feet "I am sorry I really tried I just-"

Smirking Henry put his finger under your chin "Your cute when you blush"

Huffing you shoved him and turned to face the pan picking it up and heading for the garbage can.

"Whoa whoa not so fast, those actually don't look as bad as they think they are very you" Henry paused chuckling a little when you turned to give him a death glare.

"Really?" you deadpan raising your eyebrow.

"Yeah they look almost as sweet as you." Henry chuckles as he takes the pan from you and places them all on the counter.

"You flirt too much" you told him "I'm your best friend isn't that weird?"

Cocking his brow he leaned back "is that really how you feel?"

Biting your lip you rolled your eyes, "maybe" you mumble not wanting to admit your real feelings to him.

"Now don't get all quiet do you remember when you were crying a few months ago because of that one guy god, what his name? Cameron ?"

Nodding you raised your brow crossing your arms at the mention of your cheating ex-boyfriends name.

"Well you were so out of you-you said something or more admitted it." Henry goes and rubs his neck for a moment looking around. "You said you loved me and I-I played it off at the time as that it was just a friend thing but I wanted to say I love you back but I didn't."

Covering your face you looked down at the ground embarrassment making it was way to your cheeks "really?" you squeaked.

"Yes so my flirting isn't too much it's not enough. I have been trying for months to get you to notice but you always just blushed and avoided it.

"I'm sorry I just didn't think you felt the same way Henry I-" you were cut off but the feeling of his hand circling your wrists gently moving them away from your face.

"Well I do" Henry leaned closer to your face glancing at your cheek and chuckling as he reached out and kissed it his tongue licking your cheek causing you to squeak and have a little freakout inside.

"Ah! What are you doing?" you gasped as your cheeks reddened further.

Henry shrugged "You had frosting on your cheek oh would you look at that it actually tastes good." Henry closed his eyes for a moment before taking a deep breath and opening them again "Can I kiss you?"

"I-Yes" you blurted out only to have his lips on yours the sweet taste of the frosting lingering on his lips.

When your lips parted he smirked at you "You should make cupcakes more often." He told you

"Yeah I definitely will make more cupcakes just don't lick the frosting off my face next time" you laughed at him patting your hand on his shoulder.

"I guess we do feel the same about each other cause I know being friend zoned is the worst but I really do like you henry" you smiled looking down at your feet when henry grabbed your chin and pulled you up "I don't want to be friends anymore" Henry smiled as he kissed you deeper this time.

You mumbled as you kissed Henry even more it was bliss the feeling of his body next to yours was finally happening "Shit" you moaned under your breath "Henry I need to finish these cupcakes maybe we can finish up this thing later" you smiled as you turned around with your back facing him. 

"Okay okay - I'll leave you be but you do look good from behind I do love the view" Henry winked at you as his hand grazed your ass "Henry Stop" you laughed as you walked away to to counter to grab the cupcakes that were going into the oven.

"Alright then I'll leave you be and maybe you can give me a birthday present later tonight" he winked back at you as he walked away.

"Henry your thinking way to far ahead let's slow things down and maybe we will compromise anyways I'll see you later when I'm done with these cupcakes okay"

"Alright I'm gonna go watch tv" Henry smiled as he went to the living room.