Stare

You woke up startled feeling the sweat droplets run down your neck slowly. You placed a shaking hand against your chest trying to calm your breathing. The nightmare you had running through your head overwhelming you. You blinked back tears looking down at your sleeping husband his body splayed out the sheets adorning his lower half without a care in the world and you envied him. Wishing you could sleep peacefully for once in your life.

"I know I'm handsome but not enough for you to stare" Henry mumbled opening his eyes slowly sitting up. He rubbed the sleep out of his eyes before reaching over and turning on the lamp on his bedside table. "How bad was it this time?" Henry whispered wrapping his arms around your torso bringing you to him. Your body relaxing as you took in his scent.

"On the scale from one to ten a solid six." You nodded sighing in relief, feeling his fingers caress your back softly.

"Mmm, that's a step down from yesterday I'd say." Henry grinned kissing your head slightly then reaching over and grabbing the glass of water he kept on his bedside table. Henry sat you up and handed you the glass. You took it bringing it up to your lips and gulping down most of the cup before handing it to him.

"I'm sorry for waking you." You grinned laying down again pulling the sheets up to your neck watching as Henry placed the glass back and turning the light off. "I don't mind." Henry shrugged before laying down again and wrapping his arm around your waist pulling you closer to his body.

"You're always taking care of me and losing sleep because of me." You said sadly placing your hand against his chest. Henry's heart beating you could feel on his chest.

"I'm your husband it's my job...now go back to sleep I'm here." Henry said as he started to kiss your forehead softly. You sighed closing your eyes resting your head against his chest,m listening to his gentle voice as he sang you to sleep. The sound of Henry's singing voice was so soothing you could make a ringtone out of and it would definitely help you get to sleep.

"Alright gönn try to get some more sleep henry" smiling back at him as Henry laid back down on the bed "Goodnight Babe sleep well and I love you" he smiled kissing the side of your shoulder. "Love You To" you smiled back at him while you closed your eyes.