Missed You

You let out an exasperated huff and stirred your hot coffee as steam escaped out from the top. "I know Henry I miss you too. But there's only one more day left till we finally get to see each other again."

Henry had just set off on a work trip about two weeks ago and the only thing keeping you sane his whole trip was texting and chatting on the phone every night.

You lightly exhale on your coffee, cooling it down. "I swear when I see you tomorrow I'm never letting you go," you joke. That's when his end goes quiet.

"Hello?" You ask worried that the signal broke. But then he speaks up, "I'm sorry but I'm actually not coming back tomorrow." Your heart sinks and you're stunned for a moment before you pull yourself together. "Oh..." you mutter trying not to sound too disappointed. Forcing a smile you continue, "So what are talking about like one more week or...what?"

"Actually..." Henry trails off and at that moment you hear a knock on your door. "Hold on Henry someone's at the door." With phone in hand you peer out the peephole and a wide grin replaces the gloom expression on your face.

You fling the door open aggressively and behind it stood Henry who was wearing the exact same expression on his face. In one swift motion Henry captures you and lifts you into the air spinning around.

"You're here!" You shout while he sets you back down. "How—"

Henry interrupts you by connecting his lips to yours and you loop your arms around his neck melting into his touch. His lips leave yours and he grins down at you, "you have no idea how much I've missed you" he opens his mouth to say more but then stops himself and looks down at you before meeting your eyes again. With one brow raised he asks, "is that my shirt?"

Your eyes enlarge as you remember what you have on and the tip of your ears heat up. You lean away from him and your gaze shifts to your left, "um what...I don't know...what you're talking about," you mumble scratching the back of your head.

"Aww why are you getting embarrassed? You look so cute," Henry taunts stepping back into your view. You spin around back turned to him, "shhhh!" You shout face burning out of embarrassment. "What!? I thought you were "never letting me go?"" Henry quotes.

"Oh, did you hear that? I think the microwave just dinged" you lies while running off into the kitchen. Distracting yourself you grab your coffee when Henry's  hands find their way around your waist from behind and his head pops over your shoulder "well I'm never letting go of you," Henry says, "I've missed you too much," Henry says placing a tender kiss against your cheek.

"Well I'm glad your back now we can have fun together" you said

"Of course we can have a lot of fun now that we're here together" he winked