Gingerbread House

Henry kept fumbling with the gingerbread house he had brought to assemble. "I can't get this roof to stay." he complained as the roof pieces kept sliding off. It seemed that to properly assemble a gingerbread house, one would have to defy gravity. "I don't understand why you bought that thing if you're not going to eat it." You said. "A lot of times you don't even end up eating it cause it'll be stale by then. Sometimes people will even buy them discount after Christmas, then wait till next year to put them together, they're not edible anymore by then, though." You explained.

Ally came running down the stairs "Can I help?".

Henry started to show her all the different candies and their constructional or decorative purposes. The whole idea of "gingerbread" was foreign to ally. She stared in fascination at all the colorful candies. "It seems like kind of a waste, to me." You said, while she began drying off dishes with a towel. "It's for decoration" henry explained, "and its fun to put together." One of the roof pieces broke in half and Ally tried to glue it back together with icing, creating a sugary mess. "It doesn't look fun." she commented.

"We can make gingerbread men for the neighbors if you want !" You said and quickly took a liking to the multicolored sprinkles. "Um... You guys are making a mess." she pointed out, as sprinkles and crumbs went flying everywhere. "Oh! I'm sorry!" henry said and started to sweep up some of the candy particles off the counter with his hand and sprinkle them at the base of the gingerbread house.

Ally was still intent on experimenting with frosting, when suddenly the bell rang loudly above the door jingled. Ally glanced over to see who -

"Mr. Cavill !" (Henry's Dad) Ally was the only one who seemed excited to see him. He was wearing a rather festive red and white pinstriped suit making him look like a giant candy cane. Ally looked up and down his particularly pepperminty attire. "What do you want?" she asked.

Before he could answer, his smile slowly faded to a look of pure distaste as his eyes met the sugary apocalypse that was taking place on the counter. He nearly dropped the pot of poinsettias he was carrying.

How could this be considered food? Or even architecture? These people had no class.

Frosting oozed from every crevice, all over the deformed house. Blotches of the pasty substance covered their crumby hands as well as the counter, which was equally crumby sticky with frosting and strewn with sprinkles and gumdrops. The overpowering sickeningly sweet sugary high fructose corn-syrupy scent of Christmas filled his nostrils making him want to vomit.

"We're making a gingerbread house!" Ally exclaimed.