10

(rn in the book its 2:00 which is when Wilbur is supposed to be back and their school releases at 2:05)

(also just 3rd person pov ig rn)

TW: cussing, mentions a mature topic (barely but I thought I'd say anyways), anxiety/panic attack, and I think that's it

There was the sound of a car engine outside the house. Then it stopped and a door could be heard opening then shutting. Phil guessed that meant Wilbur was back so he waited in the living room for him (which if you didn't remember its like near the front door) The key could be heard turning and Wilbur came through the door. He seemed to be pretty happy but you could tell he was nervous. He was always punished in some way when he skipped school or got caught for a prank he and Schlatt did. Luckily his dad wasn't usually to harsh. He would probably be grounded and like banned from using the car or something.

Wilbur was also glad he had gotten the red dye off of his hands because if his dad was notified what happened at school and knew Wilbur ditched around the same time AND saw the red dye then he would be grounded for a lot longer.

"Hey Dad" Wilbur rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey Wil. Come sit down please" Phil was using a more serious tone than his normal warm tone.

Wilbur made his way to sit near his dad on the couch. "Did you have fun with Schlatt?"

Wilbur nodded "Yeah we saw a movie together"

"That sounds fun and good thing because you know I have to punish you now"

"Yeah I know..." Wilbur mumbled.

"Also the principal wants to talk to both of us now"

"I thought the principal was absent today?" Wilbur seemed a bit confused.

"He was. But I guess he came back to the school because he wants to see us in 20 minutes in his office"

Now Wilbur was getting nervous. He swallowed. Usually when he got in trouble he wouldn't be called to the office with his dad. It was just him and Schlatt.

"Alright dad" Wilbur muttered.

"Be in the car in 10 minutes please Wil. Before then go to your room"

Wilbur nodded again. He got up and went up the stairs to his room.

(this bolded section is kinda what's going on in Wilbur's head)
He didn't really know what to do. His anxiety was starting to get the best of him. Why did they have to go to the office? He didn't want Schlatt to get in trouble with him. And he didn't like when his dad was mad at him. If his dad found out what really happened he might not let him hang out with Schlatt anymore. That would be the worst possible thing that could ever happen. He can't let that happen. He could just say he did all of it. Then Schlatt surely wouldn't be in trouble. He'd talk to him later. If his dad didn't let him hang out with Schlatt though then he seriousely wouldn't know what to do. Run away? Disobey him? Say they had a relationship? No not that last one unless he really needed to. But he couldn't run away either. He still loved his family.

All these thoughts were to much for Wilbur. He covered his ears in attempt to block out the voice in his head. He realized his quickened breath and pounding heart.

He was having a panic attack.

He tried remembering what Techno told him.

Tears were coming from his eyes.

Then he remembered.

Imagine something you love. That's relaxing. Imagine your favorite person beside you comforting you.