49

TW/CW: arguments, crying, cursing, mentions a bunch of mental disorders.

Note: this is a flashback to before the end of last chapter. Last chapter mightve been a bit confusing in time-line ig, so basically the bit with Schlatt was an interaction that actually happened but then at some point it sort of fades into Wilbur's imagination/delusion. So the first bit was before this chapter the second bit is after.

"I don't want you to move. I won't be able to handle it" Wilbur admits.

"Look, it's not like I want to. But hey, listen, you don't need me here. You'll be okay. You got.. y'know Techno and Phil.. and Tommy"

"When I just had Techno and Phil last time I-" he trailed off. His eyebrows furrowed "You dickhead! You're just another Dream! You're gonna leave me and find another guy to fuck that looks like me! In your fucking Texas! I'm not doing this shit again!"

Schlatt parted his lips, visibly not expecting this reaction. "So you don't trust me now?" he scoffed.

"No! You lied for probably months, making me believe your empty promises about stuff like- like prom or- or all the plans we've made. But this is all meaningless to you, isn't it? You're probably-"

He was cut off by Schlatt cutting in, "You're one to talk about trust! You told me you'd get better and you told me you were fine, and you were eating! You lied to me for months! MONTHS, Wilbur! And you fucking made me believe you were fine and then you go and try to off yourself? Do you know how scared I was?"

Wilbur shook his head, "No, I didn't have time to think of you then. I had a mental illness,"

"I wish you did think about it. Cause you obviously have no idea how fucking traumatizing that night was for me. You just see me as the fucking hero, but to this day I paint myself as a terrible fucking piece of shit for letting that happen to you. I've had so many fucking nightmares of that night, none of them ended well. And I spend every damn day thinking about how I could've prevented it. But I can't change the past, and I can't change you... I've fucking tried. And I don't know how many more times you've attempted cause you always have that fucking smile on your face. HAH, even your smile is a lie. So don't fucking say I'm a liar!"

"Y-you can't use my mental conditions against me. You know I can't control that" his fingers curled into fists.

"If you wanted to get better, you would know how to manage it"

"Now you're saying I don't want to get better?"he spat.

He hesitated a moment, "Yeah, I guess I am"

"Y-you piece of shit. You have no fucking faith in me!" Both of them were visibly upset as their volume increased.

"If you hate me so much then tell me to leave! I will if that's what you want!"

"Leave!" he pointed a shaky finger to the open doorway.

Schlatt clenched his jaw as he looked away from Wilbur.

"I said leave!" tears pricked at his eyes but none fell.

Schlatt clicked his tongue and grabbed his coat that had been discarded onto the bed, he walked out. Loud footsteps down the stairs and a loud slam of the door caused Wilbur to jump.

He remained standing in the doorway of his bedroom, his finger still pointed out the door. His lip started quivering as he tried to hold his tears in. But how the fuck could that happen when he just ruined the one good thing in his fucking life. How could he fuck this up?

He got pushed over the edge when he saw a certain picture. The framed photo that was taken at the Winter Formal of the couple sharing a kiss.

Tears continued to form as he took the picture frame in his hand, staring at it through glossy eyes, his hands began shaking and he threw the frame at the wall in front of him. Glass shattered and spread across the floor. Breathing heavily, he stared at the floor, not processing what happened. His eyes moved across his wall spotting more captured memories. He picked up an object from the desk, a coffee mug, was it? No one could tell now as it joined the frame, bits scattered on the floor.

Wilbur stepped carelessly over the glass pieces and tore the photos off the wall, ripping them in the process. He didn't care for the glass piercing his skin. When he was done he fell to his knees, fists clenched the scraps of memories. He squeezed his eyes shut, trying to forget everything bad.

"Wilbur?" His brother noticed his brother before everything else in the room, he quickly rushed to him, a little more cautious of the glass than Wilbur. He got on his knees beside him and Wilbur immediately latched onto him. He poured his eyes out onto Techno's sweater.

Techno didn't ask any questions, he just held his brother, knowing that was all he needed at the moment. Actually, that was what he needed for about a week. The comfort of his family. Monday was the worst of the while. The day Schlatt left. He didn't even say goodbye to Wilbur. And that fucking hurt.

What? 6 years of being best friends, 6 months of dating? And he's just fucking gone. Without a goodbye. Does it all mean nothing to him?

"Techno?"

"Yeah, Will? You need something?"

"Do you think he misses me?"

"Uhm, I'm sure he does"

"You're right," he paused. "He doesn't"

"He does miss you"

Wilbur stayed silent. "He shouldn't." He says. He's spent the past year trying to give everyone a reason not to miss him. But he never could've imagine that Schlatt wouldn't.

————
970ish words

Hope you enjoyed :0

I have more written but this seemed like the right part to stop it.

Also Ik not many people read this anymore but for those who do enjoy it then here ya go! I'll try and keep posting but no promises LOL