25

TW/CW: Cussing, mentions suicide/death, talks about self harm and self doubt, mentions ED and injury, mentions passing out, and overall some discomfort. (tell me if I missed any)

"Sc-Schlatt?"

"Wilbur? Your up?"

"I-I'm sorry..."

"No don't be s-sorry. I'm sorry for not noticing. I sho-"

"P-please...let me thank you" Wilbur tried to keep his voice even.

"F-for what? I didn't-"

"I wanna thank you for finding me..."

"Well, I saw the note you left and I knew what you were gonna do, but I couldn't let you-"

"In middle school...I didn't know anyone. Everyone thought I was a freak. This- dumb ass wouldn't leave me alone... telling me off. But you came, gave 'em a blow to the nose, and helped me up. No one knew at the time, but before that day I was planning on killing myself, all the way back then. Everyone told me to, so it seemed like a good idea. But when you came...everything changed. Now, I didn't feel good these last couple of months like I did back then. I've been feeling sick. I could never get out of bed in the morning and I resorted to cutting, again"

"Wilbur- I didn't know. I-"

"You saved my life...again. I-I owe you my life, Schlatt. I lo-"

"Wilbur!" he was interrupted by his father entering the room along with Techno.

Wilbur lowered his head and redirected his eyes to his father then to his now folded hands. "...Hey, Dad"

"Wilbur, what were you thinking?"

He stayed staring at his hands. He didn't think he would ever talk to anyone again. He had left a note in his bag explaining why he had done it- or was going to. He wasn't sure if anyone had found his bag.

"Wilbur, answer me, please" his Dad was now next to him. He took a loose hold of Wilbur's shoulders. 

" 'm sorry, Dad" Wilbur didn't move his gaze.

"No, Wilbur. Tell me why"

"Uh- I-I th-thought no one else wanted me alive...so I went to the bridge. No one would need to bother about me anymore"

"Why would you ever think that, Wilbur?" Phil lifted Wilbur's chin so he would look at him.

The two made eye contact and Phil retracted his hand from his face. "I'm just a dumb annoying kid. Not helping anyone, just sabotaging others. I can't even follow some dumb rules..."

"Your so much more than that, Wilbur. I can't believe you ever thought that" Phil had sad eyes.

Wilbur moved his eyes back to his own folded hands. Wilbur let out a breath and started darting his eye's around the room while he scratched at his forearm.

"How long have you been cutting?" Techno was looking at Wilbur's uncovered wrists. There were multiple scars littered across his forearms, some new, some old.

"Uhm- first time in seventh grade..." Wilbur hid his arm again and shifted on the bed.

Everyone in the small room went silent. Wilbur was uncomfortable with the questions. He liked it better when he was resting alone, or when it was just Schlatt and him.

"U-uhm c-can you guys leave? I-I'm getting tired a-and I'm sure you all are, too. It's probably late" Wilbur stammered out, looking to the ground beside him.

"Sure thing, Wil" Phil stood up and patted his son's shoulder. "C'mon, Techno. Need a ride, Schlatt?"

"No, I'm good, thanks" Schlatt responded from his seat. He kept his eyes on Wilbur, trying to observe his body language.

"Cya, Wilbur" Techno ruffled his brother's hair before exiting the room with his dad.

When he heard the door click shut, Wilbur relaxed and let out a sigh. He rubbed his eyes and let out a groan.

"You actually tired?"

"I am, but not gonna be able to sleep"

"I'll stay here with you. We could talk, watch some Holiday movies, do anything really until they kick me out or something"

Wilbur cracked a smile.

...

The two were watching some Christmas movie they figured out how to play. Wilbur was in a private room of the hospital. He luckily wasn't damaged physically, too bad. His blood pressure was low due to his lack of nutrients and his anxiety. He had only passed out for a couple of minutes. Once he got in the actual hospital he was told to rest, which he did for at least an hour.

Schlatt had sat next to Wilbur in his hospital bed. Wilbur had fallen asleep after hours of talking with Schlatt, and a movie. It was probably around 1:30 am when Wilbur had fallen asleep and Schlatt left. After all, his family would be home in the morning for the 24th. He didn't want to leave, of course. He wanted to be with Wil.

Though Wilbur would probably have a lot to do once he wakes up anyways. Sucks he has to do all that stuff. Schlatt had learned what happens after a suicide attempt. They ask you all these questions and you gotta see some therapist and make a plan. Also, Wilbur is gonna have to get treated for his dehydration and starvation. Get back on normal eating patterns without developing refeeding syndrome. Probably other things, too.

Schlatt just hoped Wilbur would be okay.

--------------

840 words

helloooooo

New chapter, POG.

Also it is insane how after like 12 hours or so I am getting like 70+ notifications and it is just- Wow. I used to be so excited when I would get more than 5-

Thank you all so fucking much for 36.5k reads!!!!

It means the world to me omg!

anyways, hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Do not kill yourself, drink water, eat something, remember I love you <3 (not in a weird way), you have a worth greater than you may think, and have a good week!

(this chapter was edited a bit from the original version. Just a few words)

CYA SOON :D