47

TW/CW: vomiting, references sh, mentions suicide/death, anxiety

THATS RIGHT. I POSTED. WOOOO.

"I know this is horrible timing"

"What do you mean?"

"Uh, I have something to tell you, and I've been meaning to for a while. But with everything going on I didn't know if you could handle it, and-"

"What is it?" Schlatt was interrupted by the other.

"Uh, well. Here goes... I- am..." he paused.

"Just tell me. What is i-"

"I'm moving!"

There were a few moments of silence as they stared at each other. "You mean, like, across town? To a, like, bigger house? And we'd still go to the same-"

"No! Wilbur, I'm moving to Texas! In 10 days. My parents have been planning it for a while. I just, I couldn't tell you... then I couldn't tell you again, and uhm...yeah... I'm sorry, really"

Another minute of silence and staring. "I'm gonna be sick" and Wilbur ran out of the room. Schlatt turned and ran right after him but he was only faced with a closed-door in his face. He brought up a hand and knocked on the door.

"Wilbur, open the door, please?"

All he recieved in return was the sound of Wilbur's retching. Which was not a very... enjoyable sound. Pretty terrible actually. He tried the door knob which as suspected, was locked. "It's not like I have a choice, Wil" he knocked again. "I've lived in New York since I was born I don't wanna leave, belive me"

A few minutes passed as Schlatt waited outside the door. He knew he should've tried harder to comfort Wilbur. But hey, he also needed comforting right now. He was leaving his middle school bestfriend, and boyfriend, his lifelong home, friends, everything. It's like leaving his whole life behind for Texas. What the hell even is Texas anyway? Warm? Desert? Guns? (I actually just know nothing about Texas-).

Schlatt wasn't one to have much anxiety, but he was really fucking anxious about this. What the hell is he gonna do without Wilbur?

Okay that didn't seem like 'really fucking anxious'.

But that one question had about a billion other thoughts connected to it. Some of them more... upsetting than the others. Thoughts can fucking suck sometimes. They're also really tiring.

"Your kidding? Right?" Schlatt grimaced at the hoarseness of Wilbur's muffled voice.

"Uhm, no" there was once again, silence. Besides the shuffling from the bathroom. And we all know from past experiences, that isn't a good thing. "Wilbur?" 

When he didn't get a response he started trying to open the door again. "Wilbur! Open the door! I'm sorry, okay? I'd stay if I could! Sorry, sorry... I didn't mean to yell... you, you don't like when... I mean, just open the door, please? I don't w- just..."

Wilbur opened the door.

"Are you... you don't feel sick anymore, do you?"

"Not right now" Wilbur shifted on his feet and continued to avoid eye contact. "Y-you wouldn't actually leave though, right? I mean... you could-"

"I've already thought of everything, trust me. Nothing worked. But hey! I have a plan"

"What do you mean?"

"It's not fully worked out, but I'll get a job while we're in Texas and save up every dollar for an apartment for when I turn 18 and finish high school. You could also try and get a job and we can get an apartment together! Uhm... but with college... if we're gonna do that it's... I dunno" 

"W-we don't have to plan that far in the future... things can change...a lot before then"

"Like what? You gonna have a kid or something while I'm gone?" he laughed.

Wilbur's expression remained the same. "That's not what I- I meant...you- never mind" he walked away back to his room.

"Hey, wait. What do you mean? Things can't change that much that we can't live together in a year or two, can they? We've wanted to since middle school"

"I- I don't know what I wanna do"

"What do you mean?"

"Nothing... it's nothing"

"Hey, no. It's not nothing. What do you mean you don't know what you wanna do? You always-"

"I don't know what I want to do, okay? I just agreed with you all that time and yeah it's just... a lot right now. I can't do it" he rested his head in his hands as he sat on the bed. (yes he washed his hands first-)

Schlatt furrowed his eyebrows. What the hell was happening anymore. Yeah, he expected Wilbur to get upset, but what's happening now? He doesn't want to live together anymore? What about everything else they planned? Fuck... He sat down beside Wilbur and put an arm around him. Trying to form some sort of comfort. It probably wasn't very comforting, but hey at least he's trying.

"I'll ask you one more time, what do you mean?"

"I mean I don't think I'll still be here by then! I never thought I would be! I thought you knew that cause of the- I just agreed with what you said cause that's what you wanted and yeah I'd love to y'know move in together, and I dunno get married? Of course, that sounds fucking great! But y'know I just really wish that overruled everything else. Your the one reason I'm not dead right now and now your fucking leaving?" he took a few breaths as he saw Schlatt staring back at him, frozen. He scoffed "I have to go" Wilbur got up and left his own house.

"Wait, Wilbur! Get back here!" he shouted. "Where are you going? You live here!" he chased after him but he was already gone. "Well fuck" he was so... confused. He definitely was NOT expecting that reaction. What he WAS expecting was for Wilbur to be upset, ask why he didn't tell him sooner, then maybe cry about it, then they would talk about how they'd do long distance, visit, move in together after high school like they always planned then they would watch some Christmas movie or something.

But what the fuck was that? And where the fuck was he going? He swiped the keys from the table and quickly left, locking the door behind him.

Welp.

I guess we'll find out.

———-
1050 words

Lets goooo. I'm back.

I did an update. Heheheheh.

idk when the next one will be but we take what we can get