37

TW/CW: cussing, mentions suicide, mentions self harm, mentions ED, mentions depression, anxiety/voices, blood/injury, and lmk if I missed any since there's quite a few possible triggers that are mentioned.

It was really early in the morning by now. Wilbur didn't get much sleep. He might've drifted off for an hour or two after the bathroom blowout. But after that despite being exhausted, he couldn't even think about sleeping. His thoughts drifted between the whole 'Dream and Schlatt' situation, to Tommy helping him in his panic attack. 

Of the three people in the house why would he help Wilbur?

All Wilbur has ever done for him was when he showed him his room. The only time they really hung out was when he heard Tommy throwing up in the toilet, and Wilbur interrogated him.

The reason he didn't want anything to do with Tommy was because he got reminded of his past so often.

Wilbur had just recovered from his eating disorder a few months ago. So now seeing Tommy who also seemingly has an eating disoreder, it was like looking at himself. He couldn't say he was falling back to where he used to be, but Wilbur was beginning to have some struggles in his eating pattern. His Dad can also see that, he would knock on Wilbur's door every night at dinner time when he didn't come down. He didn't eat all of his meals anymore. Mostly because he wanted to leave the table.

While Wilbur didn't like being around Tommy all that much, he felt an urge to help him. He didn't want him to go through what he did. All the doctors, and all the time in the hospital getting treatments. It's a very terrible experience.

So now, Wilbur was infront of Tommy's door at 2am waiting for his hand to move and knock on the door. He actually wasn't there to try and help him though, it was to say thank you, and ask why he helped him.

Techno and Phil seem to be asleep, I know this because I was watching to see when they shut off their lights. Tommy however hadn't shut off his light. Maybe he is sleeping though? I probably shouldn't disturb him. But he might be awake still, the light is on.  

"Oh fuck it" Wilbur knocked on the door.

He heard a couple steps approach the door before he saw Tommy. "Hi, Wilbur?"

"Uhm... hey, Tommy. Mind if I... come in?"

"Sure"

Wilbur stepped inside as Tommy closed the door behind him. "Do you need something, Wilbur?" he sounded nervous, as he usually did around the teen.

"I actually wanted to say thank you. For helping me while I was having a panic attack... I haven't had one in awhile so it was more scary than I remembered, it really helped me that you were there" he kept his eyes on the floor and rubbed at his right arm.

"Your welcome, it's really no problem, but-"

"-I actually was wondering something too. Why would you help me?"

"I mean... your family has given me a lot so I wanted to help them. And I know you don't like me very much so I wanted to- I dunno... make you know I don't hate you? You needed help so I helped you"

"I don't hate you..." he sat down on the bed.

"It sure seems like you do most times" he mumbled.

"What do you mean?"

"I dunno whenever I'm in a room you always leave after you- stare at me"

"That doesn't mean I hate you. I just- you remind me of myself sometimes"

Tommy looked away, confused.

"Well, could I ask you a question, too?"

Wilbur looked up now. "Sure, what is it?"