45

You should be fine to read this if you've been fine for the rest. So TW (don't wanna ruin it) be safe while reading, shouldn't be too triggering anyway but you never know. (If anyone asks in the comments ill put triggers idfk anymore) 

"Wilbur-" the latter picked himself up off the ground, rushing to the bathroom, tears pricked at his eyes. He shut the door and sat against it. He tucked his head between his knees which he hugged to his chest. 

Why? Why did this have to happen?  Why is everything going wrong? Now his Dad was gonna interrogate him and he was gonna find out about everything and he's gonna find out that he's gay and he has a boyfriend and what if he-

He heard some yelling and loud feet before he heard a quiet knock on the door, "You alright, mate?" 

His voice was soft but Wilbur could still hear through the thin door. 

Through his heavy breathing, Wilbur responded with a quiet 'no.' 

A few moments of quiet were interrupted by his Dad's new question that caused his heart to beat faster, and a lump to form in his throat, he gripped his curly locks tighter:

"Who was that, Wil?" 

He took a moment to calm down, breathing at a steady pattern, sitting up more, leaning his head against the door, eyes shut. "My ex," he eventually responded. 

He held his breath the moment the words escaped his lips, waiting for his dad to say something. Yell at him, kick him out, hit him. None of those things is something his Dad would ever do, but at the moment he would believe anything. And now he also was running out of air and turning blue. "Dadpleasesaysomething" he exhaled. 

And the damn guy didn't even say anything for a solid ten seconds. "I love you, Wil. You know that, right?" 

What Wilbur meant to say was yes. But only a sob escaped his lips as he did everything in his power to not let his thoughts control him and his actions. He knew his dad loved him and he knew his family would be disappointed if he hurt himself. So even if he deserved it after ruining every relationship he had and being a bitch to everyone he knew, he didn't want to add some disappointing looks and another bandage that will continuously remind him he's not normal.

"I'm sorry- I'm sorry I didn't tell you" he attempted to dry his tears with his sweater sleeves. 

"Son, you don't have to apologize. Just- what about you open the door?"

Wilbur responded by slowly getting up and opening the door. He didn't step out of the room, just stood there, staring at the ground, silent tears still running down his face. 

His Dad frowned, it hurt him seeing his son's tears. He reached a hand up to his face and wiped the tears away, Wilbur looked up to him at the contact, leaning into the touch. He then basically collapsed into his father's arms, sobbing into his shoulder. His Dad wrapped his arms around him, holding him. 

"Hey, it will be okay..." he rubbed his back. 

"Why does- why does this happen to me? I- what did I do wrong," he continued to sob. 

"You did nothing wrong, Wil. You-you're just being challenged right now because the world thinks- knows you can do it" 

He began to calm himself over a few minutes, now feeling okay to let go of his grip on his Dad's sweater and actually look at him. "Dad, I'm gay. And that's just who I am and who I've been since I was basically twelve" 

"Yeah, and I love you, Wil. If you like boys, or- anything- as long as your you, I love you"

"Even if I'm a mentally ill screw-up that can't do anything right?"