𝙍𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙚𝙙

Thanks so much for all the votes, comments and messages from the last chapter. I'm so grateful for every single one of you. The fact that yall are still here even after my hiatus just got me in tears :( tysm!

"Focus! Focus!"

"Seohyun, you can do this."

I exhaled while stretching my arms. I stared at the track with the number '4' printed on it.

Lyla ran to me with a water bottle in her hand. I thanked her and took a sip quickly.

She sighed, "don't worry okay? Focus and try your best. You'll be fine anyways. You're always the fastest in our form."

Yeah. I'm the representative of my form this year. My job is to compete with students from other grades.

"Important announcement, for those of you who're joining the 200m session. Please can you all register with Mr. Chae as soon as possible and be ready at your starting point. I repeat..."

My heart started to pound like a giant was jumping on it.

I squeezed Lyla's hands before I walked to the registration table.

I could hear my classmates shouting my name.

The stress is painful.

"Hello I'm Kim Seohyun," I politely said and made a small bow to Mr. Chae who's now busy ticking off people from his long list.

"Got ya," he smiled and looked up. "Fighting!"

"Thank you," I grinned. I bowed again.

I walked to the starting line.

Damn...

My insecurities for my height kicked in right when I saw the other participants.

Of course, there wouldn't be any students from the lower forms because that wouldn't be fair for them.

I was only going to compete with seniors.

And they either looked strong, muscular on the thighs or with long long legs.

In contrast, my short slim legs just stood out and said hi to everyone.

As a PE teacher slowly walked to the side of the tracks, I could spot a small silvery stopwatch and a starting pistol in his hands.

"Runners on tracks please be in position now," a voice in the speaker said.

I took in a deep breath and got into my position, one knee behind the starting line and the other on the back. My hands carefully placed on the line after I made a quick analysis which should be right.

There was a long silence.

I adjusted my breathing while listening to it.

It was rapid, but slowing down as I controlled.

My hearing became rather sensitive at the time. I could hear thunderous cheering from the platform.

Everyone including the teachers stood behind the wooden railing, the front row leaned against it and the ones at the back jumped to have a better view.

I could hear a mix of names being shouted and mine was faintly heard.

"Ready."

"Set." I lifted up my hip.

I gulped.

You can do this.

"Go!"