𝙎𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙈𝙚

I heard water splashed and a sudden force beside my weak body before I became barely conscious.

Jimin's POV

"Seohyun!"

Without any hesitations, I jumped into the pool.

With my body hitting the water, water splashed and the orignially dry hot floor turned slippery cool.

My heart was pounding as I didn't want to think about any possible consequences of me not saving her on time.

But I believed, all these feelings came out as a teacher, nothing more.

As I saw Seohyun slowly sinking, I quickened my pace. I reached out my arm and finally came in contact with her skin.

I pulled her closer before I wrapped my arm around her waist. I gently shook her body but she didn't move at all, nor did she open her eyes.

With my hand holding her body, I quickly swam towards the surface.

Once my head got out of water, I panted and wiped the water off my face. I turned to her and saw her head was just hanging.

"Seohyun, Seohyun can you hear me?" I asked again and again while tapping her cheeks.

"Mr. Park, I'm scared...will she die?"

A girl asked in fear.

No I'm not letting that happen.

I put a hand on her waist and one on the back of her legs before I effortlessly lifted her up and placed her body on the floor.

I jumped out of water before I kneeled down beside her.

I leaned in to her face right next to her nose and mouth.

No, no breathing at all.

Her chest wasn't moving.

I placed two fingers on her neck.

10.. 9.. 8..

"Shit," I mumbled because the situation was getting more serious now. I couldn't feel her pulse for more than 10 seconds.

"Mr. Park... what should we do?"

I didn't even notice that the whole class came already. They all made a circle around me.

"We need to start CPR."

I inhaled.

Calm down Jimin, you can do this. She's gonna be okay.

I carefully placed my slightly trembling hands on the center of her chest.

I pressed down for approximately 2 inches while making sure that I didn't press on her ribs.

I kept counting numbers in my heart. I tried my best to concentrate and just focus on saving her.

I couldn't imagine how my days would be like without her.

Seconds passed, I leaned in again but my heart almost skipped a beat when I realized that she still hadn't start breathing yet.

As panic clearly drew on my face, some students began to cry behind me.

I closed my eyes trying to find a solution.

All kinds of things were adding pressure to me, the look on everyone's faces, the talking, the crying...

Well I guess I have no other choice.

I adjusted my position so I was now half kneeling.

Cold sweat began to form on my forehead mixing with the water from the pool. I clenched my fists for what I was about to do.

There's not a lot of time left.

My hands cautiously worked together. I tilted her head back and lifted her chin up.

I pinched her nose closed. Once I made sure my breathing became stable, I held her chin.

"Is Mr. Park-"

Yes.

I am doing that.

I took a normal breath before I leaned in and completely covered her mouth with mine.

Students gasped. I knew this action would cause a lot of troubles in the future, but this girl in front of me was dying, she was a life, not an object.

Originally I should start doing the steps of breathing while checking on her chest to rise, but as my mouth touched hers, a wave of weird feeling hit me like electricity, I flinched.

I was getting nervous again. Now I doubted what I said earlier. I was confused with myself.

Am I having more feelings for this girl, more than what a teacher should have?

The soft touch of her skin did make me melt for a second.

Focus Jimin. Focus.

I started the procedures.

2 breaths then 30 chest compressions.

These were the longest minutes in my life ever.

I began to lose hope when I repeated my actions for a few times already yet there's no sign of her waking up.

"Time," I asked concernedly and the student who helped me check the time stuttered, "th..three and a half minutes."

"Seohyun, wake up, open your eyes, wake up," I started yelling.

I could hear the girls crying even louder right now.

I gulped as the pressure on me right now was no joke, it only got heavier like a stone on my shoulders.

What should I do if she still doesn't wake up? What about the students behind me? What's the arrangement? Should I-

A sudden loud gasp in front of me made me jump.

"Jimin..."