𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙐𝙣𝙨𝙚𝙚𝙣 𝙈𝙤𝙣𝙨𝙩𝙚𝙧

My breath hitched at the scene.

The heck...

I fastened my pace and walked back to our original position.

No one is here.

Shit.

I should just die in this forest, how am I supposed to find a way out?

My heart was pounding as I just realized how dark the environment was.

I lifted up my arm and checked the time.

<4:35 p.m.>

We should've reached our last two destinations now but we hadn't.

I got nothing with me, just a bag and some spare clothes, and a water bottle with no water in it.

No compass. No map.

I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. Fuck.

My left hand reached to my right hand which was starting to shake.

"Seohyun!"

Someone called my name and I gasped.

"Won-Young!" I cried and ran to her.

I tightly hugged her and quietly sobbed.

"Oh my gosh, I thought I was gonna die. I can't find the guys at all!" Won-Young explained. She looked like she was as hopeless as how I was too.

"Thank goodness I found you," I sobbed, "I'm already scared of the dark and now I'm fucking stuck here."

I wiped my tears away with the sleeve of my hoodie.

"What should we do?"Won-Young asked and bit her bottom lip. She squatted down and scratched her head before she held her chin in frustration.

"I don't know. Do..do you have anything useful? Cause I don't," I sighed.

"Yeah a compass, some water, a phone and a map."

"We need to get out of here. Take out your map."

She listened and we unfolded the big map.

"So, we're here." I pointed at a spot.

"Gosh the forest is much bigger than I expected," Won-Young whispered.

My jaw dropped. The map showed us our location-right in the middle of the huge forest.

"It's okay. We'll be fine," I plainly said and stood up. Won-Young held the map and I held the compass.

"The north is...this way, let's go. We will be fine Won-Young."

Then we started our way into the darkness of the dark.

...

I felt like pulling my hair when I stopped walking. I hopelessly dropped my hand which was holding the compass.

"Won-Young," my voice came out like a scared mice, "I'm sure we've been here for the fourteenth time already."

Won-Young remained silent. We both knew what I said was a straight fact because everytime we made a turn, we left a stone. And now, in front of our eyes was the stone that we first placed almost two hours ago.

I could start hearing some faint sobs from my side.

I wouldn't blame Won-Young.

I slowly approached her and patted her back. I didn't say anything because I wouldn't be convinced too if you told me we could get out of here.

Suddenly, a strong wind almost blew us off of the ground. It wiped through the forest from one side to the other. The leaves on the trees rustled and hissed which sent me goosebumps.

The sky which was originally dark was almost instantly covered by thick heavy clouds.

Won-Young stepped closer to me.

"W..what's happening?"

I held her hand and we both stood like a frozen statue.

I didn't dare to move. As if the wind would attack us again if I moved.

Surprisingly, the wind stopped all of a sudden. But the air was clearly much cooler now.

And I just noticed that the squirrels were not running around the trees, the birds were not singing anymore.

It was peaceful.

I looked over my shoulder.

Snow.

"Fuck," I mumbled.

"Won-Young." I tapped her shoulder.

"What?" She worriedly replied.

"It's snowing and I think..."

I paused and thought.

I gulped.

"... a storm should be arriving soon."

To be continued...