𝙎𝙬𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬𝙚𝙙 𝙗𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙁𝙤𝙧𝙚𝙨𝙩

<3:51 p.m.>
<Arriving at destination no. 5>
<2 destinations remaining>

"Ah fuck," I exclaimed. It wasn't a surprise anymore when I fell into the river.

We're all carefully jumping from stone to stone.

I held onto my knees as a support as I tried to stand up with the heavy bag on my back.

My clothing was dripping water. The feeling of them sticking to my skin and yet I could do nothing about it was killing me.

I fixed my cap. When I looked up, I saw Jung kook extended his hand to me.

"Thanks." I took it and he effortlessly pulled me onto the ground.

I sighed, "so honestly how long do we still have to walk for?"

"2 hours, approximately," Won-Young plainly answered before she wiped off the sweat formed on her forehead.

When our trip just started, we're all joking and playing around but we're now walking like zombies after all the obstacles we've just experienced, we had an hour of hiking, then we came to a place where the only exit to the other side was blocked by big stones and woods, clearly set up by our teachers, we needed to clear the path. Now, we've just crossed a river. None of us had the strength to play anymore.

"Let's go to our next destination, the sun is going down," Lyla said after she looked up at the sky.

"Fuck you're right," Jin-Hwan added.

Jungkook took the map away from Jin-Hwan's grip and spoke, "I'll take the lead. Follow me."

<4:15 p.m.>

I heard someone harshly hit the floor behind me.

I instantly turned back and saw Lyla who's with pale lips now lying in Jin-Hwan's embrace.

"Lyla, what's wrong!" I screamed with my sore throat.

Her eyes were barely open.

Jin-Hwan said in a serious tone, "she needs some water."

I dropped my bag onto the floor and quickly took my water bottle. I turned the lid. There's not a lot of water left but my best friend was dying right now.

I abruptly handed Jin-Hwan my water bottle and he gently placed the end of it at Lyla's dry chapped lips.

Lyla first took a small sip of water then she drank faster.

"How're you feeling right now?"

Lyla held her head. "Thank you guys. I'm much better now."

Jin-Hwan helped Lyla to stand up, though she stumbled a bit.

I put the lid back onto my empty water bottle and put it into my bag.

"Guys ... weren't we here just an hour ago?" Won-Young suddenly mumbled, her finger pointing at a tall tree with big branches which loneliy stood on its own.

I blinked. I stared at the tree.

"A..and we just talked about how small the tree hole was on this tree an hour ago," Lyla trembled, her shaking hand pointing at a tree hole on the tree.

I scoffed as I covered my mouth in fear.

"Please," Lyla begged, getting emotional, "don't fucking tell me that we've been walking in the same area for the past hour."

"Jungkook...is that true? It's not, right?" I laughed. I was on the verge of tears.

We'd been walking so hard, simply trying to complete a mission. But now you're telling me that we're stuck at the same place again and again?

"I don't fucking know anymore," he murmured. He threw the map onto the floor and frustratedly pulled his hair back showing his forehead.

You don't fucking know? Excuse me?

"How can you not know? You said you'll take the lead!" I complained and approached him.

I could feel all my emotions exploding in my heart.

Jungkook slowly turned to me.

"Are you yelling at me? Yes I took the lead but I didn't want to get fucking lost either," he roared.

I snickered and inhaled. I closed my eyes as I flipped my hair back. My eyes were getting teary being in this overwhelming situation. The sun was long gone. The trees were now dark like a connected shadow.

"Jungkook, don't forget that afterall, it's you who insisted to choose level 4! We don't even have the ability to do that!" I yelled, "not even you!"

Eyes getting red, veins popping on his forehead, he clenched his fists.

He pointed at me with his index finger.

"We'll first find a way out," he whispered,"after we're back to our campsite, you'll be in a big trouble."

When I was about to fire back, Won-Young ran to my side.

"It's not the time, calm down, we'll be fine," she comforted me with her hand on my back patting.

I covered my face and wiped my tears away.

"Now guys listen, let's walk around and see if there's another path," Jungkook said and we all walked in separate ways, of course, not too far apart.

I could only hear the clear noise coming from my shoes stepping onto the dry leaves.

I stopped in track. There's nothing but a complete darkness in front of my eyes.

I exhaled and turned around.

But no one was there anymore.

To be continued...