Chapter 53

*Warning: Dark Peter.* (and read the author's note at the end please)

The walk back to camp was completely silent. Neither one of us wanted ot disturb the quiet peace that was settling. What was there to even say. What happened happened. There's nothing either one of us could do to take it back. I'm just greatful that Peter never saw us kiss.

As we make it back to camp, silence is prestant again. Not a crack of a stick, nor a crumb of a dead leaf could defeat the mighy Golith of silence. The little blonde boy that i've grown to love with all my heart, comes running up to me.

"Melody! Something's wrong!" He cries and holds on to my leg. I quickly brush the tears away. The poor boy is shaking with fear.

"Zach, what's wrong? C'mon buddy," I say and pick him up so he's resting on my hip. "Please tell me."

Sebastian rubs Zach's back, trying to comfort the small boy. He looks into my eyes, just as dumbfounded as I am. And then a hug crash sounds in the direction of Peter and my hut. I put Zach down immediatly and rush to the hut.

On the foot of our bed, with our now toddler sized children, in the corner of the room holding each other, lies Peter. His redden eyes and shaking hands, he stares at me. I can sense not one particular emotion that is radiating off of him. He runs over to me and binds me with a hug. Tears stream down his face and drip onto my shoulder.

I hold his head softly and he cries into my neck, lathering it with kisses. I don't know whether to be scared by his sorrowful actions, or relieved that he is finally back with me. One more kiss to my neck and he whispers an incorrehernt murmur in my ear.

"Mel, my dearest and sweetest human possession. You wouldn't do anything to hurt me. You are my angel and my savior. You, my princess, are my light," He tells me, holding my face in his hands. He stares into my eyes and a flicker of darkness echos in his emerald irises.

A sting of guilt flushes through my bloodstream. He knows. He knows about the kiss. He knows that Sebastian is alive. I don't know how, but he knows everything. A delicate smirk etches on to his disturbed face. A loud stream of laughter flows through the hut.

I look over at Callie and Hunter, as they hold on to each other tight, they simply look at me. They are scared out of their minds. Their father is haressing their pure and innocent minds with his sadistic laughter.

Sebastian rushes into the room, and that was his greatest mistake. Anger flashes in Peter's eyes and his irises get darker by the second. Sebastian holds my body close to him, in a form of protection. I try to wiggle out of his grasp, but it was useless.

"Let her go, you uncivilized demonic swine," Peter growls.

"Sebastian, let go of me. This isn't your fight," I whipered.

"That's not entirly true, my love," Peter says, "This is entirly his fight, but he should still let you go."

"No, I'm not going to let you hurt her," Sebastian says.

"I told you to let go of Melody," Peter rages.

"It's fine Sebastian, Peter won't hurt me," I whispered and looked up at Sebastain. He was heisitant, but softened his grip on me.

In the moment, a flash of magic brought me to Peter's side. I was practically his second skin, my arms and legs attached to his body like a rag doll.

"That's the Melody I know," Peter smirks and caresses my hair. He placed a kiss on my forehead, and had magic grow from his hand to shoot at Sebastian.

"Please don't. Don't hurt him, please Peter. He's good now. He isn't evil. Peter, Sebastian won't hurt me," I tried to corce Peter.

"Shut up, whore. You'll get your punishment next. I won't kill him. I wanna torture him, make him suffer for touching what's mine."