Chapter 37

It has been a couple of days since the whole 'Felix' incident. It was absolutley humilating. I can't believe that even happened. Felix makes sure to throw in a sex joke any and every chance he got. Peter would laugh along with him while I dug my head into Peter's chest to hide my blush.

"Darling?" Peter whispered in my ear. I jump back , slightly startled by his sweet words. He sat down next to me on one of the camp fire logs. We have camp to ourselves tonight, because Felix was picking up the first of the new round of lost boys.

"I love you Peter," I whispered as I leaned into his lean chest. A single tear was dripping down my soft cheek. This whole thing about finding new lost boys really hits my heart for two reasons.

The first is that the parents of these kids are absolutely horrible. They don't understand what they have. Those are your child born of your blood! Only the heartless are those sickly parents. That lead me to my other reason.

Whenever I pictured my future, one thing would always be the same. I have always wanted kids, but I can't know. I can't even live off of the island. And if no one grows up on Neverland, the fetus wouldn't grow. I can never have a baby.

The whole thought of it made more tears drip from my eyes. Peter immediatly picked up on my depressed emotion and pulled me in with a tight hug.

"What's the matter darling? I have you Mel. I will always keep you safe," Peter consoled me.

"It's nothing," I responed holding on to my love.

"It's obviously not nothing. Look at you. I can't stand seeing you sad."

"It's stupid, Peter. You wouldn't understand."

"Well if you tell me, I could attempt to understand. And nothing you can say is stupid, because nothing about you is stupid. You are flawless in every way."

"I just always wanted to have kids," I breathed, pausing for a little bit. "I guess now, with Felix leaving to get kids from their terrible parents is just getting to me."

"You want to have kids? With me?" He asked. Disbelief was obvious in his voice.

"See, I told you it was stupid. I'm just going to get more extra firewood now."

"Melody wait."

I popped up from my seat and whipped the tears from my face. This is humilating. I pulled my arms around my waist and started to walk into the forest.

Peter's calls kept coming, and I kept ignoring them. If he really wanted to talk to me then he should be following me.

As if on cue, Peter appeared infront of me. He grabbed my chin, forcing me to stare into his beautful green eyes. I tried to look away, but his eyes somehow glue me to my spot.

"Melody," he breathed. "I love you, and you know that."

Great this is the rejection I have been waiting for.

"I would do anything for you, darling. Anything. I swear once the new boys come to the island, they will be our family. We will raise them together. You and I will be their parents, darling. We won't need kids of our own," He told me, never breaking eye-contact. Thats his excuse, isn't it.

He may love me, but he will never want to be strung down to me. I must have looked too much into our relationship. Stupid Melody, Stupid! A couple of tears escaped my eyes and I quickly dried them away.

"I get it. You don't want to have kids with me. I totally understand," I murmured, pulling away from his strong hold.

"No, listen to me. I don't want to bring another child into this messed up world. I know that whom ever it may be, he or she will be strong, because they have you as a mother, but I could never do that to him. I have had so much experience with hate and sorrow. I don't want anymore of that," He yelled at me.