Chapter 54

*Hey guys! One Mega Huge Crazy Insane Apology. A lot has happened to me over this past two months. Only one good thing and 5 billion bad things. I just hope you haven't removed this from your library yet. I'll talk to you more about what happened to me at the end of this chapter*

"Now be a doll, and clean yourself off. You're getting blood everywhere."

Something has to be done.

I slugged off to the lagoon with the limp of an old man with a bad hip. Every step was filled with unimaginable pain, both physical and emotional. I can't believe Peter, my Peter did this. I guess I am the one to blame. I am the one who screws things up.

I brought Sebastian back. I kissed him. I've broken Peter more than I have ever helped him.

The cool refreshing lagoon water brought serenity to my tense and trembling body. Why am I even here. I should just let it fester and get infected. I'm sure everyone would be happier once I pass away. I don't want to live forever in Neverland if I'm just going to cause harm.

"Melody!" My grandmother yelled from her rock in the center of the lagoon. "Sweetie why do you have Peter written across you stomach?"

My body froze. I can't tell her what happened. She wouldn't understand. Brooke will just ask more questions than I can answer. We probably share the same questions. Why did Peter do that? What are you going to do about it?  I just can't answer that.

Before another syllable was spoken, I was gone. My feet sped off to the deep forest filled with the memory of my heart. How did I even get here? I should be in the basement of my parents' house crying in pain.

His soft voice came from the camp. I can't face anyone let alone Sebastian. I want to just run away from anyone.

"Melody, your kids need you," He says. Callie, Hunter. I've forgotten all about them . They don't even know me. They've spent their whole lives with Peter.

I stepped into camp and fell to my knees. Callie ran to me and her little arms grabbed on to my waist. My shirt was wetting with her tears.

"Mama," she murmured. She's so old already. I can't believe I've missed so much of her life. All of the influence they have had are with the madding Peter.

"It's okay, sweetheart. Mommy has you," She latched on to me tighten. I looked over at Sebastian and Hunter. Hunter was standing against Sebastian's leg. His black hair was framing his face that highlighted the features that he has inherited from Peter.

"Hunter," I breathed and he came racing over to me. It was clumsy and haphazardly, but he made it like any little boy would.

I held my children in my arms and they were both crying. Frightened. I have to do something about Peter before they are scarred even more than they already are.

Sebastian came to my side and rubbed my back to comfort me. He knew what I was thinking.

"We need to do something," I mouthed to him and he nodded.

"Callie, Hunter, it's time you two take a nap. You can sleep in a big kids' bed if you guys want to," Sebastian told them.

They immediately released me and ran over to Sebastian. They tugged on his shirt and cheered. I grabbed Callie and rested her on my hip while Sebastian put Hunter on his shoulders.

We headed into a spare tent and laid them to rest. Sebastian sang them a french lullaby. It was the one he sang to me in the castle.

We left the tent and headed towards the camp fire. It was quiet here, just like it was in the rest of camp. Where was every one?

"Mel, did you hear me?"

"What?"

"I said 'what are we going to do'?"

"Where is everyone?"

"Melody we need to focus on your safety."

"I need to know where everyone went! Where are the lost boys? The only people I've seen on this island is you, Reily, Zach, my kids, and Peter."

"I'm sure they can take care of themselves. We need to focus!"

"I AM FOCUSING!"

"Mel, calm down. Take some deep breaths and don't get mad."

"I CAN'T CALM DOWN! EVERYONE IS GONE! WHAT IF PETER KILLED THEM?"

"Even in his state, he wouldn't do that."

"YOU DON'T KNOW THAT!"

Thoughts clouded my mind. I might be over reacting, but those kids brought happiness to the island. They were one of the only pure things here. And what if Peter killed them all. There is no way I would let him get away with that if he did.

I got up, trying to clear my head.

"Where are you going?"

"I need to find Peter," I simply said and took off.

SOrry this chapter is really short. :(. But either next chapter is the last or it will end on chapter 60. I'm not sure what ending I'm going to choose.

if anyone needs someone to talk to, i'm here. I'm 100% here for all of you.

Take care xxx