Chapter 10

POV of Melody

I have been searching for Peter all day. The sun is about to set and I have no idea where else to look for him. He wasn't with the lost boys at camp, nor at the big tree at the heart of the island. Oh my god. I am so stupid. He propably is at the lagoon.

I sprint down the the cold lagoon. At first I couldn't find Peter. But after a few minutes I heard someone call my name. It sounded like Peter.

"Peter? Peter, is that you?" I called back. "Peter please. I'm back! I love you!"

"Mel? Is it really you?" He called back. Peter stood up and I could clearly see his face.

"Yes, Peter! It is me!" I run towards him only to be engolfed in one of his hugs.

"Mel, I thought I lost you. What happened to you? You were different," Peter whispered in my ear.

I broke the hug and told him, "I don't really know. I didn't have control over my body. It was only when Henry was kissing me when I could for what ever reason I was strong enough to fight back! It was-"

"Henry what!?" Peter yelled cutting me off.

"I wasn't myself Peter."

"I'm not mad at you! I am  mad at Henry though! I told him that when you woke up, you weren't going to be yourself! And what does he do? He practically rapes you!" Peter roared.

"Peter calm down," I grab his hands and place them on my cheeks. "It wasn't his falut. The thing inside me started it. But its gone. I am all yours."

"Damn straight," Peter said making me giggle.

Peter gave my a peck on my forehand and laid down on the beach, taking me with him. His arm was wrapped around my neck, and my head was resting on his chest.

"I love you Mel," Peter whispered so softly that I could just make it out.

"I love you too Peter. Always and forever," I responded.

"You do realize that there is a difference of forever in our lives. Forever, in my life, truely means forever. And you are just a mortal. Who knows how long your going to live. Its not like I am going to to love a human when she is 80 and wrinkly," He joked.

"You never know. Brooke is in tip top shape for being like 130 years old. One thing I do know about mermaids is that old age doesn't come to us. You saw Brooke, she still looks like she is 25," I informed Peter.

"Yeah, but Mel, you are only half mermaid. What if you don't last as long?" He asked.

"Well I'm sure that you will think of something. After all you are Peter Pan."

"And I will love you forever. No matter how long that might be for us. I will love you until the day I die."

We sat in silence for the next couple of mintues. I never thought that I could love someone as much as I love Peter. I can't imagine my life without him. I don't care if I won't live as long as he, Peter will always my one true love.

~

~

~

We woke up in the same postion. I didn't even realise that we were asleep until the sun hit my eye waking me up. Peter was still sound asleep next to me. All of his facial features were relaxed and soften. He looked like an angel laying there. I probably should get up and make us some breakfest at camp and bring it to him. As soon as I try to get up, Peter stirrs in his sleep.

"Mel, baby were are you going?" Peter said with a raspy voice.

"I was going to make you some breakfest," I told him.