Chapter 39

My heavy and tired eyes slowly open and quickly adjust to the bright light around me. Once I was able to take in the unfamiliar surroundings. Where the hell am I? A quiff of blonde hair came into my vision.

"Felix? Felix, is that you," I spoke groggily.

"Melody," he groans. "Where are we? Where's Pan?"

"I have no idea. I'm scared," I mumble the last part to myself, but I can tell that Felix heard me.

He rushed to my side and swarmed me with hugs. That's when I realized where we were. We are in Storybrooke's jail cell at the police station. Why would we be in here.

"What are you thinking about?" he whispered in my ear.

" We are in Storybrooke. That's impossible, though. We shouldn't be able to have gotten off the island with out dying," I informed him. My breathing became irregular and rushed. Freaking out would be nicely said if someone was describing me. I am far from freaking out.

"Calm down, Mel. Deep breaths. Now, what's the last thing you can remember?" His warm breath comes in contact with my slowly freezing skin.

"There was a fire. Some of the lost boys were tied up to the trees. I remember seeing someone on the other side of a wall of fire. Henry." I stopped and finally the pieces were fitting together. "Henry shot me with some weird liquid that knocked me out."

"Damn it! I knew that I shouldn't have brought him! How could I be so stupid?" Felix yelled at himself, pulling at his blonde hair.

"This isn't your fault! How were you supposed to know that Henry was going to go crazy? Peter will find a way out he always does. Wait! Where is he?" I start to panic.

"It's fine, Melody. He is probably still on the island, safe," Felix mumbles.

"You don't know that. He could be here! I know that his father HATES him. What if the dark one is killing him!" I start to cry as my brain races to figure out what is going on.

"Hush now. You will be okay. Nothing is going to hurt you; I'll make sure of that. I'm sure that Pan can handle what ever life throws at him."

I snuggle in closer to Felix and my aching cries start to fade. Felix is right, he has to be right. I thought I lost him so many times, it won't happen again.

When I finally regain my composer, a loud sound of a door slamming shut echoed through the police station. I escaped Felix's grasp and hit my hands against the metal bars. I waited with fear as the figure slowly came into view.

"Peter!" I screamed. The sight before my eyes is terrifying.

Peter was beaten up and his limbs were all tied up with this blue glowign magic. My breath picked up and tears started to stain my face again. He had a new black eye on his right side. Visible cuts were shown clearly along his perfect face.

"Peter," I murmured.

His sweet eyes made contact with mine. Pain was being squandered from the look he gave me. I want to help him so badly. I know that we were in a middle of a fight, but all I want to do is hold him close and comfort his uncomfort.

"Mel," He smiles.

Thats when I saw him. The devil himself was in the same room, breathing the same air, stepping on the same floor. That horrid man, that horrid monster, I have never hated someone more. His brown, wavy hair was combed nicely, like he had taken care of himself.

A monster such has himself should be treating with the worst actions. He should be subjected to all of the midieval torturing strateges. I heard that they would make your stomach bare and slide a bucket with a hungry rat face down, so that the rat was walking on your stomach. They would heat the other end of the bucket so the rat would tear itself into you.

Thats what he deserves. He deserves to die a slow and most painful death. The man of many names should have his body torn to pieces so that even his love wouldn't recongize him body.

"RUMPLE! WHAT DO YOU WANT FROM US? LET PETER GO!" I screamed at him while banging my hands against the jail cell bars.

He laughed. The devili laughed.

"Deary, you thought that you could forget me and I would disappear," He laughed.

"Just please let Peter go. He doesn't deserve what you are doing to him, what ever it may be," I growled through clenched teeth.

"He deserves EVERYTHING I am doing to him."

Felix came by my side to start to yell at Mr. Gold too. One of his warm hands is placed on the small of my back to calm me down a little. I smiled up at him, but then returned my glare at Rumple.

"What do we have here?" Rumple's voice hit my ears like a jack-hammer.

"What are you talking about?" My voice was harsh as I gave him a stare that would have killed him if glares could kill.

"Well, you and Felix of course. I just saw the way you looked at him. You love him, don't you?" He questioned.

"I only love Peter," I defended while staring at Peter's hurt eyes. He didn't look back at me. Instead, his glaze fell to the floor.

"That's hard to believe. No one can love this worthless boy," Rumple kicked Peter to the floor. A gasp fell from my lips.

"Stop hurting him! Please!" I cried, looking at a severly discolored Peter. My heart ached, knowing that I can't do anything to save him. "I will do anything!"

"Anything?" He smiled.

"Melody, don't do it. Pan will find his way out of it," Felix whispered in my ear.

I looked down at Peter who has finally meeting my eyes, shaking his broken head.

"Yes, anything. Just let Peter go and keep him safe," I spoke with a quavering voice.

"Deal," Rumple squeled like a five year old. "Kiss him."

I furrowed my brows, not understanding what he was saying. Kiss who? He caught up on my confusion and rolled his eyes.

"Kiss Felix, right now, and infront of my lowlife of a son," Rumple explained.

"What? No," I retorted. What the hell would that do?

"Do you want Peter to be released?" I nodded. "Then kiss Felix."

I turned to Felix and it seems that he was just as confused as I am. Where is this all coming from? i guess it wouldn't hurt. I mean, what harm can a simple peck on the lips do?

Taking a deep breath, I nodded to Felix and he nodded back. Its happening, it is really happening. Felix leaned in closer and closed his eyes. I recieprecated his actions until our lips finally touched.

His smooth, yet rough, lips grazed against my own. I loved the way his plump lips fell on mine. Automatically, I lifted my hands to rest on his neck, pulling him closer. He lightly paced his warm hands on my waist, tugging our hips together.

Felix slightly squeezed my waist, causing me to gasp. Talking my action for his advantage, Felix slipped his tongue in my mouth. The world whipped away from me. Nothing can stop this moment. All of my senses went numb expect for touch.

"Thats enough, deary," Rumple giggled like a little girl. "You have now broken the only thing that Pan could have hung on to. He has no love, no hope, nothing to live for."

I broke away from Felix's lips and stared into his blue eyes. This shouldn't have happened. I quickly turned to Peter and saw him crying. Rumple must have gagged him while I was kissing Felix.

"Peter" I gasped. I have always been complaining about the monsters that have entered my life, but the real monster is myself. I am the one responsible for ruining my life.

I am the one who is silently killing me.

I am the monster.