Chapter 13

Point of View of Melody

I woke up shaking and sweating with Peter rubbing his gentle hands on my shoulders trying to coo me back to sleep. I grabbed hold of him tight and let out some cries. I didn't want him to see me like this, so vunerable. I needed him though. I need him like a plant needs water, or like the waves need the moon. He is my everything. I know we haven't known each other for very long, but I really happier than I have ever felt in my life.

"Love, what's wrong?" Peter cooed in my ear. 

"It was terrible. My dad he killed you. He- he," I was getting all worked up. My voice became all shakey.

"Mel its all right. I got you. Nothing like that is going to happen. We are far away from your parents. You're with me," Peter said stroking my back.

"I love you Peter," I murmured under my breath and dug into the crick of his neck.

"I love you too."

The sun was setting in the distance. We slept through the whole day! I can't believe it! Peter's stomach growled next to me. I simply rolled my eyes at him and got out of bed.

"Babe, where are you going?" Peter asked me grabbing hold of my hand. 

"I'm going to make us some dinner, because one of us is obviously hungry." I said. Peter chuckled in response.

"Well I'm going to help you then. I brought some food from Storybrooke in my bag," Peter told me and got up to stand next to me. He searched through his bag until he pulled out some food boxes. There was pancake mix, milk, bacon, cheese, chips, chicken, and bread. Wow he got a lot of food.

Peter carried all the food in his left arm and he laced his free fingers with mine. He gave me a bright smile and led me to the first floor kitchen. It was decked out in modern electronics. I didn't know that electricy was used in the enchanted forest. There and the classic frigde, stove, oven, microwave, dishwasher, and sink. 

He set all the food on one of the counters and started sorting through it. He looked disatisfied with his options.

"Grilled chicken okay?" Peter asked me.

"Of course!" I responed. Its been a while since I last tasted chicken. 

Peter went outside to the patio where the baraque was to grill the chicken. I decided to stay inside and explore the first floor a little bit more. I was going to explore more, but I was tooo scared that I would get lost in the house.

There was some televisons, pool table, pingpong table, a pool, a hot tub, and the occasional love seats and sofas. Damn, Peter was decked out. I didn't evenhave this much stuff at my old house.

Once Peter was done cooking the chicken he came inside and called for me. The only way I was able to find him was following his voice. It was like a maze in his house.

"Where have you been beautiful?" Peter said and brought me into a hug.

"Just exploring. You have so many tvs you know that right?" I said and broke the hug. Peter still kept an arm around my waist though.

"Yeah, they were all bribes to get me to practice dark magic. I guess he never took them down," Peter said and brought me to the island in the kitchen. There were to chairs next to each other with a candle between them. I can't believe I hadn't noiticed them before. The plates were already set up and ready to be devowered.

The chicken just smelled so good. Almost too good to be true.

"I hope you like it. I haven't cooked in a long time. Usually one of the lost boys did it for me," Peter confessed.